This is a comprehensive list of storyline missions in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. There are 105 missions in total.
Los Santos Missions
Protagonist Carl Johnson returns to his hometown of Los Santos and needs to re-establish himself in the neighborhood. Missions in this city involve Carl's rise to power in the Grove Street Families, and the challenges with his family. Many of these missions have Carl as the driver plus additional help as required.
There are 29 missions in the main thread in Los Santos.
- In The Beginning - The opening sequence, cutscene and mission of GTA San Andreas.
- Big Smoke - Meet Big Smoke inside the Johnson House.
- Tagging Up Turf - Tag over some of the rival gang's tags.
- Cleaning the Hood - Take out drug dealers on your territory.
- Drive-Thru - Stop the Ballas from getting to Grove Street.
- Nines and AK's - Visit Emmet for some target practice and buy any clothes at Binco shop.
- Drive-By - Do a couple of drive-by's on Ballas gang members.
- Sweet's Girl - Save Sweet and his girl from an onslaught of Seville Boulevard gang members.
- Cesar Vialpando - Follow Kendl and win the Lowrider Challenge.
- OG Loc - Pick up OG Loc from jail, chase and kill Freddy and take OG Loc to the Burger Shot.
- Running Dog - Chase down a Los Santos Vagos gang member.
- Wrong Side Of The Tracks - Disrupt a gang meeting and follow a train.
- Just Business - Help Big Smoke against the Russian Mafia.
- Home Invasion - Rob a veteran for weapons.
- Catalyst - Steal weapons off a train.
- Robbing Uncle Sam - Raid a National Guard base.
- Life's A Beach - Steal a sound system for OG Loc.
- Madd Dogg's Rhymes - Steal Madd Dogg's rhyme book.
- Management Issues - Kidnap and kill Alan Crawford.
- House Party - Party with the OG's, and protect Grove Street from an attack by the Ballas.
- Burning Desire - Burn down a gang house and save a girl.
- Gray Imports - Kill a Russian weapon dealer.
- Doberman - Take over Glen Park and kill Little Weasel.
- Los Sepulcros - Kill the Ballas gang leader Kane.
- Reuniting The Families - Take Sweet to reunite the 'Families' gang, escape the police force.
- The Green Sabre - Withness Smoke and Ryder's betrayal, then rush to rescue your brother.
Countryside Missions (Red County, Flint County, Whetstone)
CJ has stumbled onto something that is much bigger than himself. It appears that Big Smoke is totally loyal to Officer Tenpenny and he does exactly what he is told. Tenpenny warns CJ to stay away from Big Smoke or Sweet will suffer. Tenpenny has a few loose ends that need to be taken care of, and Carl takes care of them, while trying to keep himself and his sister out of danger.
There are 14 missions in the Countryside.
- Badlands - Take out an ex-policeman for Tenpenny.
- First Date - Meet Cesar's cousin. NOTE: Choose a Robbery mission listed below after the cutscene.
- King in Exile - Meet Cesar and Kendl again.
- First Base - NOTE: Choose a Robbery mission listed below after the cutscene.
- Gone Courting - NOTE: Choose a Robbery mission listed below after the cutscene.
- Made In Heaven - NOTE: Choose a Robbery mission listed below after the cutscene.
- Tanker Commander - Hijack a tanker truck in Dillimore.
- Local Liquor Store - Rob a liquor store in Blueberry.
- Small Town Bank - Rob a bank in Palomino Creek.
- Against All Odds - Rob the Off-Track Betting shop in Montgomery.
- Wu Zi Mu - Race against Wu Zi Mu.
- Farewell, My Love... - Race against Catalina and her new boyfriend, Claude.
San Fierro Missions
CJ is starting to build his own name in San Fierro while still working for Tenpenny. Therefore, Woozie calls for his assistance as well as Zero.
There are 26 missions in the San Fierro.
- 555 WE TIP - Frame a D.A that is causing Tenpenny problems by posing as a Valet and planting drugs in his car.
- Deconstruction - Get your revenge on some construction workers for calling Kendl a hooker.
Zero (optional, needed for 100% Completion)
- Air Raid - Defend Zero's transmitters from Berkley's bombers.
- Supply Lines... - Kill Berkley's delivery boys.
- New Model Army - Help Zero in a RC war.
- Jizzy - Help Jizzy out with his pimp duties.
- T-Bone Mendez - Retrieve some stolen cash.
- Mike Toreno - Find and rescue Mike Toreno.
- Mountain Cloud Boys - Escort Woozie to a Triad meeting, then escape the Da Nang Boys.
- Ran Fa Li - Steal a car from the airport and take it to a lockup.
- Lure - Prevent an assassination with a decoy.
- Amphibious Assault - Bug a Da Nang meeting on a boat.
- The Da Nang Thang - Release some refugees from a boat and kill the Snakehead.
- Outrider - Transport drugs past some roadblock.
- Snail Trail - Snipe a journalist and his contact.
- Toreno's Last Flight - Shoot down Mike Toreno's helicopter.
- Yay Ka-Boom-Boom - Blow up a drug factory.
- Back to School - Learn some advanced driving techniques.
- Zeroing In - Steal a car with a tracking system.
- Test Drive - Steal and test some racing cars with Cesar.
- Customs Fast Track - Steal a car from a container at the docks and beat the security guards.
- Puncture Wounds - Use stingers to steal a car.
Desert Missions (Bone County, Tierra Robada)
CJ will be doing some rather strange things for dubious characters in the desert of Tierra Robada. In addition, he gets to learn how to fly, which will come in very handy later on.
There are 9 storyline missions in the Desert.
- Monster - Complete a time trial in a Monster Truck.
- Highjack - Hijack a tanker and drive it back to Doherty with Cesar Vialpando.
- Interdiction - Escort and protect Toreno's helicopter, then take the contraband dropped by it.
- Verdant Meadows - Buy the airstrip in Bone County.
- Black Project - Enter Area 69, and steal the Black Project .
- Green Goo - Fly over a train, and steal the mysterious cargo.
Las Venturas Missions
CJ has really made a name for himself. Not only has he regained a lot of his power back, he is also the proud owner of one business and a partner in a casino. This series of missions basically ensures that the competition is either eliminated or it is severely subdued.
There are 19 storyline missions in Las Venturas.
- Fender Ketchup - Scare a guy by driving around with him on your windscreen.
- Explosive Situation - Steal armed dynamite from the Quarry.
- You've Had Your Chips - Disable the Sindacco's factory from making fake casino chips.
- Architectural Espionage - Steal the plans to Caligula's Casino.
- Key To Her Heart - Gain the affections of Millie to gain a keycard.
- Dam And Blast - Plant explosive charges on the Dam so you can disable the power during the upcoming heist.
- Cop Wheels - Steal four HPV 1000 police bikes.
- Up, Up and Away! - Steal an armored truck using a Leviathan.
- Intensive Care - Rescue Johnny Sindacco from the Forelli Family in an ambulance.
- The Meat Business - Escape from the Sindaccos in the meat factory.
- Freefall - Intercept, board, empty and land a plane full of Forellis.
- Misappropriation - Kill some federal agents in the Desert, and steal a dossier.
- High Noon - Chase and kill Eddie Pulaski.
- Breaking the Bank at Caligula's - Rob Caligula's Casino and escape back to the airstrip.
Return to Los Santos Missions
CJ has it all now. Money, power, and fame. He wants to go back to the old neighborhood to take it once and for all. Of course, Sweet's release only hastens his desire.
There are 8 story missions in Los Santos after the return.
- Vertical Bird - Steal a Hydra from an aircraft carrier and use it to destroy some spy boats.
- Home Coming - Pick Sweet up from the police station, take out some dealers and reclaim Grove Street.
- Beat Down On B Dup - Start a gang war to re-claim Glen Park.
- Grove 4 Life - Claim Idlewood and any other neighborhood.
- Riot - Drive to Grove Street and withness the riot.
- Los Desperados - Retake Varrios Los Aztecas territory from the Los Santos Vagos.
- End of the Line - Take out Big Smoke in his Crack Palace and chase down Frank Tenpenny to end things once and for all.