- "Remember Italy's glory days before feminism and the Euro ruined everything? When a suitcase full of Lire would buy you an espresso and a pack of cigarettes, if you were lucky? Produced by old-money Italians in the 1960s, driven by new-money guidos in the 2010s, the Monroe is a classic supercar that has been making douchebags look stylish for over 50 years."
- ―Legendary Motorsport webpage.
The overall design of the Monroe is heavily inspired by the Lamborghini Miura, bearing the distinctive aerodynamic shape and the chromed skirts. The side vents and rear engine vents are also inspired by this. It also shares some elements from the Ford GT40 , notably when it comes to the headlights and the relatively wide shape. The tailights are derived from the 1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray.
Current Design Gallery
The Monroe is one of the faster classic cars in the game, with its top speed being matched by the JB 700, and beaten by the Z-Type. Acceleration is great for a Sports Classic, and decent for a car in general, reaching 60 mph in the 5 second range. Before the addition of the Pigalle, the Monroe also had superior braking and handling to all sports-classics. Handling is decent, but notably good for a Sports Classic. While most of the other Sports Classics suffer from a case of oversteer, the Monroe has noticeable understeer which makes the car feel faster than it actually is, and as such, is more consistent and less prone to random loss of control.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(Capacity + Layout + Fuel)
AWD / FWD / RWD
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|7 Seconds (Website)||165 / 265 (Website)|
150 / 241 (handling.dat)
3.7 Liter (Website)
1200 / 2646
|5.2 Seconds||120 / 193||
Mass cannot be observed.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- Can be bought for $490,000 from Legendarymotorsport.net.
- A silver Monroe can be rarely seen being driven by the Sentinel XS Driver.
- The default radio station of this car is Los Santos Rock Radio, Vinewood Boulevard Radio or Radio Mirror Park.
- The tires seem to be modern high-performance tires, while the spare tire is a space-saver with wire wheels.
- If given the right paint job (and possibly the right crew emblem) the Monroe can resemble the Yakuza Miara from GTA 2.
- The Six Gun muscle rims are the closest to the rims on the Lamborghini Miura.
- The Monroe is likely named after the singer Matt Monro, who sang the song at the beginning of The Italian Job, which featured an orange Lamborghini Miura.
- The car may also be named after famous actress, model and singer Marilyn Monroe, commenting on the elegant feminine design of the Miura.
- Curiously, a real life Lamborghini Miura was bought for $490,000 (The same price as the Monroe in Legendary Motorsports) in an auction by the actor Nicolas Cage, being the highest price the model was ever sold for (Excluding the S, SV, and SVJ) .
- In the mission Pack Man the yellow Monroe that had been stolen by Lamar features a license plate reading "FAST 66". This references the first appearance of the Lamborghini Miura P400 Prototype, occurring in 1966 in the Geneva motor show, and maybe also implying the in-game car was manufactured the same year. It could also be a reference to 'Fast 6' aka. the film Fast and Furious 6.
- This is one of four cars that share their names with former US Presidents, the other three being the Jefferson, the Washington and the Roosevelt.
- Itali GTO, a car in GTA 1 based on the Lamborghini Miura.
- Miara, the Yakuza gang car in GTA 2 based on the Lamborghini Miura.