Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|For the vehicle with the similar name, see Monster.|
- "First, what's a GPS? Second, fail what? And third, who the fuck are you?"
- — Carl Johnson regarding the instructions.
Carl is welcomed by a mysterious voice, who apparently knows a thing or two about his family. The voice says that Carl needs to impress him and let him see what Carl is made of. He instructs Carl to take a monster truck out for a drive.
Carl talks to this person who instructs him what to specifically do. He also tells Carl about the monster truck, and how to handle it.
After that small talk, Carl traverses Tierra Robada in the monster truck, passing through all thirty-five markers and returning back to the ranch in less than six and a half minutes. Carl is then rewarded with money depending on his time and position.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in the monster truck
- Get to the first checkpoint
- You need to get a time better than 6:30
Post mission phone call
Carl Johnson: Who the fuck is this?
Unknown Caller: Son, get back to the ranch and I'll explain everything. And I mean everything.
Carl Johnson: Can't you just tell me now? I guess not.
The reward for completing the mission depends on the time position: $5000 for below 4 minutes 20 seconds, $4000 for below 5:00, $3000 for below 5:30, $2000 for below 6:00 and $1000 for below 6:30. The mission Highjack is unlocked.
Tips and tricks
Look out for rocks while driving in the mountainous area. Hitting a rock will flip the monster truck, causing a mission failure if the truck is wrecked.
- Carl does not know what a GPS is because in 1992, Global Positioning Systems were expensive and bulky military hardware found only on ships and planes. It would be about a decade or so before GPS manufacturers would start making GPS units for consumers.
- Depending on Carl's time position, the person Carl meets at the end of the mission will say different things. If the player completes the course under 4:20, the person will say his boss is right about Carl. If Carl completes the course under 5:00, the person will say Carl is pretty good for a ghetto boy. If Carl completes the course under 5:30, the person will say Carl is not bad and that he is semi-hard, most likely implying that the time Carl beat is his. If Carl completes it under 6:00, the person will just say the word luck. Completing the course under 6:30 will make the person say "right at the skin of your teeth". Finally, if Carl fails to complete under 6:30, the person will say that Carl is not the guy his boss is looking for.