|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "2-4 teams parachute into a post-apocaliptic warzone with nothing but a pistol and a serious shopping list. The streets are littered with heavy firepower and weaponized vehicles, and you better hope your decision-making is up to scratch: last team standing inherits the earth, and second place is a smoking crater."
- — In-game Description
- "Blending the adrenaline rush of Drop Zone with the claustrophobic tension of a match of Penned In, this brutal Adversary Mode is a deadly scavenger hunt where second place is not an option. Up to four teams parachute into a periodically shrinking kill box strewn with a lethal assortment of guns, explosives and Weaponized Vehicles. Work together, find a vehicle, and fight opposing teams and the shrinking map to survive and win."
- — Rockstar Newswire description.
The mode is essentially a Last Team Standing match, where two to four teams fights each other and once a player is killed, they do not respawn until a winner is declared. The game starts with the teams jumping out from a Cargobob and parachuting into the fight zone, similar to modes like Drop Zone or Dawn Raid.
In the fight zone, several heavy weaponry and armed vehicles are scattered around the map, which are the available arsenal for all the teams. The difficulty is that every time, the fight area becomes smaller than before, with a warning message appearing 10 seconds before the bounds shrinks. If the player is caught out of the fight zone, they have a few seconds to return before they are automatically killed. The first two shrinkings will take one minute and 30 seconds, while the third and the subsequent ones only a minute.
If at least two opposing team members are still alive after the given time, a "sudden death" is triggered and players have two minutes to win. After 30 seconds of sudden death, the dome will start shrinking and anyone caught outside the bounds will be now instantly killed. The last team standing wins the match.
- Fist (default)
- Knife (default)
- Pistol (default)
- Micro SMG
- Assault Shotgun
- Special Carbine
- Combat MG
- Grenade Launcher
- Rocket Launcher
- Weaponized Vehicles
- Dune FAV (MG, Grenade Launcher or Minigun option)
- Ruiner 2000 (all features except homing rocket capabilities. Only in map VII)
- Weaponized Tampa* (single or dual minigun option and rear mortar upgrade)
- Nightshark + Anti-Aircraft Trailer (quad machine gun option)
- Technical Aqua (in maps II, V, VI & VII)
- Technical Custom* (machine gun or minigun option)
- Insurgent Pick-Up
- Insurgent Pick-Up Custom (machine gun or minigun option)
- Half-track (machine gun or autocannon option)
*Will have randomized armor plating upgrades.
|Motor Wars I takes place in Los Santos, around Pillbox Hill.|
|Motor Wars II takes place in Blaine County, around RON Alternates Wind Farm.|
|Motor Wars III takes place in Los Santos County, around Vinewood Hills.|
|Motor Wars IV takes place in Blaine County, around Grand Senora Desert and Redwood Lights Track.|
|Motor Wars V takes place on Los Santos, around Elysian Island.|
|Motor Wars VI takes place on Blaine County, on Sandy Shores, Grapeseed and Alamo Sea.|
|Motor Wars VII takes place on Blaine County, around Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness.|
- The concept of Motor Wars appears to have some elements inspired from other Battle royale games, particularly H1Z1: King of the Kill and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Motor Wars I on Social Club
- Motor Wars II on Social Club
- Motor Wars III on Social Club
- Motor Wars IV on Social Club
- Motor Wars V on Social Club
- Motor Wars VI on Social Club
- Motor Wars VII on Social Club