- "The hour of judgment is upon me and I must ask myself if I am a sheep or a goat."
- — Zero becomes nervous and talks about everything.
Zero and Berkley have planned a showdown, the loser of which must leave San Fierro for good. The battle takes place inside the RC Battle Ground. To win, Zero must navigate across the area and safely get his RC Bandit into Berkley's compound. However, Berkley has an RC Goblin dropping debris on the path leading to the compound, blocking Zero's route along the way. The player must use Zero's RC Goblin to remove any obstructions in Zero's way. He must also destroy any tanks that could be potential hazards to the RC Bandit. After negotiating the various obstacles planted in his path, Zero drives his Bandit into Berkley's compound, thus defeating Berkley and forcing him to leave San Fierro.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Remove any obstructions so the bandit can reach Berkley's base.
- Berkley's Goblin will constantly try to block the path of your Bandit. Clear it out so the Bandit can continue.
Carl is controlling an RC Goblin, and the player must remove objects to clear Zero's route within eight minutes. Zero has three Bandits, so if one is destroyed he will spawn in another, though the player will restart from the beginning of the compound. The Bandit's health level appears on-screen. Begin by removing the first barrel in Zero's way- just drop it in the "river". Zero will drive to a gap in the path and request a bridge. However, if Carl places one of the planks over the gap, Zero will drive directly into the firing range of one of Berkley's three RC Tigers. Therefore, a better alternative is to leave Zero's Bandit at the gap while Carl destroys the three tanks - one is directly ahead along the path, the second is near the second gap, and the third is directly outside Berkley's base. If time permits, drop a bomb on Berkley's Goblin to stop the influx of barrels. Then, bridge the gaps and follow alongside the Bandit to get rid of any barrels remaining on the path.
The reward for completing this mission is $7,000 and Zero RC becomes an asset for Carl.
- Do not remove the first barrel, but instead destroy the RC Tigers and remove the barricades. This will allow Zero's Bandit to travel to Berkley's base uninterrupted. (This only works on the original PS2 version, as later versions have shorter timings).
- Berkley's Goblin can sometimes become stuck in the wall, which will destroy the Goblin.
- In the original PS2 version, during the mission, the player's RC Goblin may accidentally get stuck in the ceiling if it flies too high. If it gets stuck, it may begin losing health and will eventually explode. This was fixed in the Xbox and PC version.
- The mission's name is a reference to the New Model Army assembled by the Parliamentarians during the English Civil War.
- As with the others in the Zero strand, this mission is optional in relation to the overall storyline but is mandatory for 100% completion of the game and for those wishing to obtain another asset.
- Originally, a fourth mission, Tanked Up, was needed to complete the strand, but this mission was cut during development of the game.
- There is a rare glitch in the mobile version of the game where you will be stuck outside of No Man's Land and still inside the interior. The mission will continue but you cannot proceed and the only way to get out is to load up a save game. Also, when you are inside the interior, you will be riding a BMX.
- Although it may seem impossible, you can destroy the enemy RC Helicopter. For example, if you time it right to make the helicopter fly above an exploding RC Tiger, the helicopter will explode along with the tiger.