The Newsvan is, as implied, a news van in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The Newsvan is designed as a news van for SAN News, and in some versions of the game VCN due to a glitch, with a satellite dish on the roof, and its rear compartment containing crudely rendered broadcasting equipment as well as a chair. It has no special function (despite having a satellite dish), and is not important to any missions. The overall appearance of the van comes from a Burrito but is longer, has a side door, and a slightly different side design and front design.
In GTA San Andreas, the performance of the Newsvan is moderate-to-excellent, with a moderate acceleration with good torque, a good top speed, good hill climbing capabilities, and good durability. Due to its height, however, it has a tendency to flip if driven over rough terrains. The Newsvan's braking is very good.
White NewsvanIn the mission Cut Throat Business, there is a chance to get a Newsvan with a unique white color, which is also indestructible unless saved (it will lose property) - the player can fail the mission by either killing Madd Dogg before the cutscene begins which initiates the chase with OG Loc, or failing to chase OG Loc. Players can then gain access to the Newsvan which remains parked in the same location.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Found atop Missionary Hill next to the building with the Missionary Hill Radio Tower.
- Found with full immune in the mission Cut Throat Business.
- Sometimes found in the parking lot of the Los Santos International Airport.
- Commonly driven around Los Santos.
- Often seen driven in rural forest areas like Flint County, Red County, and Whetstone.
- Commonly after the player kill lots of pedestrians and leave the area. The van will not report the crime, but will spawn like a aleatory vehicle.
- The default radio station in the Newsvan is West Coast Talk Radio (WCTR).
- In the beta release, Newsvans were to report on a crime a couple minutes after it was committed (i.e. murder or robbery).
- Newsvans are driven by random NPC characters, not specific anchors or station personnel.
- Despite having a door on its right side, there is no outline around it, making it just a handle and a window.
- TV Van, GTA 1, GTA London (1969 and 1961) and GTA 2 equivalents.
- VCN Maverick and News Chopper.
- Gumshoe, a GTA Chinatown Wars equivalent.
- Rumpo, a van in GTAV, which appears as a "news van".