A nightclub is as implied, a club more inclined for use as a place to dance and socialize, as opposed to more sexually oriented strip clubs. While strip clubs are more common in the GTA series, nightclubs are significantly rarer. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto IV and The Ballad of Gay Tony are the only games to feature nightclubs as interactive locales.
GTA Vice City
- Malibu Club: The first interactive nightclub in the series. It becomes accessible early in the game, containing a lively interior complete with an active dancefloor, a bar, and an overhead office. The club may even be purchased by Tommy Vercetti after "Shakedown", and its office used as a meeting place to stage a heist. There are entertainers onstage, who look like the Village People.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
In GTA San Andreas, nightclubs may be used by the player to dance with a girl, in a minigame similar in fashion to the Lowrider Challenge. The nightclub also comes complete with video games, and snack and drink machines.
- Alhambra: Nightclub in Los Santos. The building is a copy of the real-life Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles (which is mostly a venue for celebrity awards ceremonies, but has hosted rave parties in its Expo Center in the past).
- Gaydar Station: a gay-oriented club, though welcoming straight people, in San Fierro.
- An unnamed club in Las Venturas adorned with neo-new-age murals, found east of The Camel's Toe right across the street from the basketball courts. It may or may not be based on Club 662 in Las Vegas, owned by Death Row Records CEO Suge Knight, and 2Pac's intended destination the night he was shot.
2 songs from SF-UR are usually played in the background when the player is not dancing, those songs being Frankie Knuckles' "Your Love" and A Guy Called Gerald's "Voodoo Ray". For songs played when the player dances, see this article.
Grand Theft Auto IV
In Grand Theft Auto IV, nightclubs aren't accessible and only named. The following nightclub is usable as a bar:
- Club Liberty: Semi-interactive club in Northwood, Liberty City, which serves as a place for the player and a friend or girlfriend to drink.
GTA The Ballad of Gay Tony
Nightclubs take centerstage in The Ballad of Gay Tony. There are three clubs central to the game's plot:
- Hercules: Gay Tony's gay bar.
- Maisonette 9: Gay Tony's straight/celebrity club.
- Bahama Mamas LC: Only accessible during the mission Boulevard Baby and in multiplayer.
There is only one accessible nightclub in GTA V, however, it's only accessible during a Strangers and Freaks mission. These are the featured nightclubs in GTA V:
- Tequi-la-la: featured during the S&F mission Vinewood Souvenirs - Willie, cannot be entered even if the player purchases the club.
- Bahama Mamas West: Can only be used while hanging out with friends, it has the same interior of its Liberty City's counterpart, can only be entered via a glitch in Grand Theft Auto Online.
- Singleton's: The protagonist can hang out with other characters to drink, however, the club is not accessible.
- The Hen House: Can be bought by the player, however, the player himself can't enter in the club, it's inaccessible even if the player buys it.
- Clappers: Totally inaccessible.
- Cockatoos: Totally inaccessible.
- The Lust Resort: Totally inaccessible.
- Society: Totally inaccessible.
- The Vault: Totally inaccessible.
- The Dungeon Crawler: Totally inaccessible.
- Eclipse Lounge: Totally inaccessible.