No Son of Mine is the final mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by his mother Ma Cipriani from her restaurant in Saint Mark's, Portland Island, Liberty City.
Toni drops by his mother's place, looking to finally win her over. When he arrives, she is talking on the phone. After finishing her conversation, she tells Toni how much he has disappointed her. She then informs Toni that she has called a hit on him and admonishes him to "at least try to die like a real man". Toni, however, is in disagreement with Ma's view of the matter, choosing instead to show that he could ward the attackers off and survive.
In the mission, the player is required to fight off four waves of hitmen, who appear with increasingly lethal firepower (first with only pistols, followed by TEC 9s, Micro-SMGs, and, finally, AK-47s). The player is given three pickups, including a Pump Action Shotgun, a Micro-SMG, and health. If Toni successfully fends off the hostiles, the mission will be completed.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Show Ma you're more than a match for her hitmen. Kill them all.
- They're really mad now! Eliminate them.
- They're not giving up! More hitmen are heading your way. Wipe them out.
- Look out! Hitmen are closing on you. Waste them.
- More hitmen are approaching. Blow them away.
The only way to stop the hitmen from attacking Toni is to complete the mission, Making Toni. On-screen messages will herald the arrival of the hitmen.
However, the player can pick up the weapons and the money of the hitmen that they've dropped during the mission progress.
- The cars the hitmen use are black Sentinels that have a very special "pushing" force. Each Sentinel doesn't lose speed or direction while hitting another car but it is extremely vulnerable to damage, and a mid-speed crash will set it on fire. They can also drive straight through Pay 'n' Spray garage doors while they are closed.
- If Toni goes anywhere by car during the mission, the hitmen will hijack the nearest car and follow him.
- In the mobile version, the last wave of hitmen carries Micro SMG's instead of AK-47 rifles.
- This mission may have been inspired by Livia Soprano from The Sopranos, as in the show's first season, Livia gives Tony's uncle, Corrado John "Uncle Junior" Soprano Jr. permission to kill her son.
|PS2 Version||iOS Version|