Designed after 1950s-'60s car designs, the front and roof of the Oceanic resemble a 1961 Dodge Dart, 1961 Dodge Polara, or 1962 Dodge Custom 880 ; the sides are reminiscent of a 1955 Oldsmobile 88, and the back resembles that of a 1955 Chevrolet (note that the Glendale also combines 1961 Dodge and 1955 GM vehicles, including the Polara, possibly suggesting that they share a manufacturer or are somehow related).
In GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas, the Oceanic is always seen with a two-tone paint job, white with another color along the side and rear, a style typical of mid-'50s cars; in GTA Vice City Stories, the car is also seen with a single body color.
The Oceanic only has a moderate top speed, but it has great handling and torque. However, it is also prone to flipping, especially when attempting to go around corners at top speed. Despite its faults, its built quality is excellent and can withstand a lot of damage before blowing up, so it is a pretty good choice for ramming into other cars. It is widely available in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories. This may be due to the large areas of beach in these two games.
However in GTA San Andreas it is less common. In GTA San Andreas, the Oceanic can be seen driven by members of the Los Santos Vagos, and as such, the Oceanic becomes extremely rare after the player has taken over all of their gang territory.
Car modification (GTA San Andreas)
- The Oceanic can only be modified in a TransFender garage.
|Color||Car Color 1 (64 different colors)||$ 150|
|Car Color 2 (64 different colors)||$ 150|
|Nitro||2x Nitrous||$ 200|
|5x Nitrous||$ 500|
|10x Nitrous||$ 1000|
|Off Road Wheel||$ 1000|
|Car Stereo||Bass Boost||$ 100|
The Oceanic's design serves as the basis of one of two Bloodring Bangers in GTA Vice City, featuring tweaked handling and performance and a modified body design. Unlike its counterpart, the Glendale-based Bloodring Banger, the Oceanic-based variant is not carried over to GTA San Andreas.
- In GTA San Andreas, the Oceanic plays Bounce FM by default when entered, however members of the Vagos listen to K-DST or Master Sounds 98.3.
- In GTA San Andreas, the beta Oceanic has the same model of GTA Vice City.
- The car could be manufactured by Bravado due to its high resemblance to Dodge.
- GTA Vice City
- In front of Ocean View Hotel in Ocean Drive, Ocean Beach. The car constantly appears with a yellow-white paintjob.
- GTA San Andreas
- Common in territories the Los Santos Vagos; it spawns in East Beach, Las Colinas and Los Flores.
- May also spawn in the beach areas of Los Santos.
- Spawned in Vigilante and Firefighter.
- Spawns more often while the beach theme cheat is active.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- On the southern edge of the Washington Beach area, directly east of a business called FIDL. Go to Ken Rosenberg's office from Grand Theft Auto Vice City then go down in the alley on the north side of the building then take a right on the road. drive straight until the next intersection. Once at the intersection, go to your left. Looking on your left side, it should be parked in front of a building.