- "Vic, it's time for you to avenge the death of that girl of yours and bring the whole Mendez operation down!"
- ― Ricardo Diaz
Ricardo Diaz informs Victor Vance that Diego Mendez is hiding in the Mendez Compound in Downtown and that entering the compound would be a suicide mission. However, at Fort Baxter Air Base there is a Hunter helicopter, which has just been delivered, which could be used to attack the compound from the air. Victor drives to Phil Cassidy's warehouse in Viceport, avoiding Mendez Cartel hitmen. Victor finds a drunk Phil, distraught after the death of one of his sisters. He agrees to be a decoy to allow Victor to sneak onto the base, as a step towards avenging her. Victor drives to Fort Baxter Air Base, where he exits the truck and Phil drives the truck, full of boomshine, into the forts entrance, causing an explosion.
Victor then sneaks into Fort Baxter Air Base and makes his way to the main building, killing any soldiers he spots. After entering the control room, Victor unlocks the gates to the Hunter. However, the soldiers realize his plans and secure the Hunter, planning to take-off within three minutes. Victor manages to get to the helicopter and lands it on the helipad on Diaz's Mansion.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to Phil's
- Go to Fort Baxter
- Jump over the wall into Fort Baxter
- Get into the admin building
- Find the control room and open the helicopter pad gate
- Get out of the admin building before the helicopter takes off
- Steal the helicopter before it takes off
- Take the helicopter back to Diaz's mansion
Post mission pager message
Jerry Martinez: It's time to settle things between you and me. I'll be seeing you real soon Vic...
- On the same point up above, despite Phil implying that he will cause a distraction at the gate for Vic to sneak his way through, as soon as you do, you will notice on the radar that the soldiers are still patrolling around Fort Baxter.
- During the mission it's possible to pay a return visit to the Barracks Safehouse, which has been inaccessible since very early in the game. The save point is disabled, but the pistol spawn point is still active, although by this point in the game it's a rather ineffective weapon.
- This is the last appearance of Phil Cassidy in the VCS storyline.
- There is a rare glitch when Phil crashes his truck into the gates of the base. In this glitch, the truck will explode before Phil dives out, killing him. This will freeze the game, with the only way out of it is to exit the game and restart it (Confirmed on PSP)
- This is the first and only time that Vic speaks Spanish.
- If you go to Phil's warehouse, the time will go straight at 23:31.
The reward for completing the mission is $3,000, the Army Fatigues and the final storyline mission, Last Stand is unlocked. No message is given regarding the Army Fatigues wardrobe since this is reinstating an item from earlier in the game. With the uniform it's possible to come and go from Fort Baxter at will once again. The Rhino tank on the base is also unlocked, along with the Rhinos seen on the 6-star wanted level.