Ricardo Diaz informs Victor Vance that Diego Mendez is hiding in the Mendez Compound in Downtown and that entering the compound would be a suicide mission. However, at Fort Baxter Air Base there is a Hunter helicopter, which has just been delivered, which could be used to attack the compound from the air. Victor drives to Phil Cassidy's warehouse in Viceport, avoiding Mendez Cartel hitmen. Victor finds a drunk Phil, distraught after learning of the death of one of his sisters. He agrees to be a decoy to allow Victor to sneak onto the base, as a step towards avenging her. Victor drives to Fort Baxter Air Base, where he exits the truck and Phil drives the truck, full of boomshine, into the fort's main gates, causing an explosion.
Victor then sneaks into Fort Baxter Air Base and makes his way to the main building, killing any soldiers he spots. After entering the control room, Victor unlocks the gates to the Hunter. However, the soldiers realize his plans and secure the Hunter, planning to take-off within three minutes. Victor manages to get to the helicopter and lands it on the helipad at Diaz's mansion.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to Phil's
- Go to Fort Baxter
- Jump over the wall into Fort Baxter
- Get into the admin building
- Find the control room and open the helicopter pad gate
- Get out of the admin building before the helicopter takes off
- Steal the helicopter before it takes off
- Take the helicopter back to Diaz's mansion
Post mission pager message
Jerry Martinez: It's time to settle things between you and me. I'll be seeing you real soon Vic...
- On the PSP version, a glitch may occur whereby Phil's truck explodes before he has bailed out, killing him and freezing the game. This can be fixed by exiting and restarting the game.
The reward for completing this mission is $3,000 and the final storyline mission, Last Stand, is unlocked. Victor will also re-acquire the Army Fatigues, and the Rhino which spawns at Fort Baxter will also unlock (except in the original PS2 version).
- During this mission, it is possible to access the Barracks Safehouse again, and the pistol pickup still appears inside.
- Regardless of when the player arrives at Phil's depot, the time will be 23:31 when Vic and Phil leave the depot.