|This article or section contains insufficient information and is considered as a Stub. You can help GTA Wiki by |
The ocean is shown as a large body of water that surrounds San Andreas. Unlike Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, if the player travels too far away from the shore to the map´s limit the plane/boat's engine will cut out.
The ocean is explorable, similar to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, but this time it's much more detailed and full of secrets. The water's visibility can also change, with the water's coloring darkest in the deepest parts of the ocean. Large pockets of sediment are also responsible for low visibility in certain areas. Different water depths can be seen from above, creating beautiful views. In the shoreline the ocean makes bays, inlets, small islands and beaches.
However swimming or scuba diving in deep water can be dangerous because of sharks.
Events of GTA V
Outside rivers and canals in the middle of the state, the Pacific Ocean serves for swimming, scuba diving, and sea racing side-missions. A boat is used to shoot porn out towards Del Perro Pier in the Mission Daddy's Little Girl. Various wreckages of planes and boats recent and old can be found in the ocean.
- Daddy's Little Girl
- The Merryweather Heist
- Monkey Business
- The Third Way
- Death at Sea (Strangers and Freaks mission)
Places of Interest
- If the player travels too far out of the map's limits, the boat or plane´s engine will cut out, causing the vehicle to fall into the water. Leaving the vehicle and swimming will cause a shark to spawn and kill the player. However, if the player uses the Skyfall cheat to fly further than this point, the player will fall out of the sky and when it is attempted to be reactivated it will claim it has been but the player just spawns slightly underwater. Swimming any further will cause the player to die.
- The jet that takes off from Los Santos International Airport fly toward south. If the player follows the plane until the map´s limit, his/her´s engine will cut out, but the jet will still fly out of the playable map.
- In GTA Online, if the player swims too far, they will die without a reason.
- In the HD Universe, the bottom of the ocean does not exist. Attempts to reach it with glitches or using a submarine will be flaunted by either having the player teleport back to the shore or having the game crashing. If the Invincibility cheat is used in an attempt to reach it, at a certain point it will be deactivated, and attempts to reactivate it will result in a message appearing stating that the cheat 'cannot be used right now.'