- "A Reporter has been nosing around. Maria and I have taken a little holiday together until you can get rid of this perverted voyeur. He's probably out in the bay as you read this. Steal a police boat, and sink his career."
- ― Asuka Kasen
Claude drops by Asuka's condo and finds out that she and Maria have taken a little holiday together and Claude finds a letter left by Asuka saying that a reporter has been into Yakuza's business for too long and Asuka has decided to take a little holiday elsewhere in the city while the reporter is found just at the sea nearby. Claude steals a police boat and starts chasing the target as well as attacking him with the Predator's machine guns. After a chase around the quiet waters of the city, he manages to blow up the boat, killing the reporter within.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Steal the police boat
- Take out the reporter and destroy his boat
- Reporter - Killed by Claude under the orders of Asuka Kasen for peeping around into the Yakuza's business for too long.
Tips and Tricks
- Take full advantage of the straight lines in this marine chase. Keep firing at his boat while he moves straight.
- Use the sound of the shots hitting metal to guide you where to fire against.
- If the player has difficulty in shooting the reporter's boat using the police boat, it is possible to intercept the reporter once he leaves the boat and proceeds on land using a Stallion. Before taking the police boat docked at the marina, go to the neighboring marina and block the staircase leading up to the parking lot where his Stallion is located with a car. Then, proceed to the police boat and chase him until he returns to Newport, there he exits his boat and will try to run through the vehicle you used to obstruct the staircase. The player may simply kill him from here.
- It's also adviced to have RPGs, by going besides Asuka's place and shoot from there.