|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "All diseased rats pigeons killed. LC is a cleaner place."
- ―In-game message after killing the 200th pigeon.
There are 200 pigeons located all around Liberty City, in which Niko Bellic must find and either shoot, burn or blow them up. The pigeons are generally found in out-of-the-way areas, but can be easily noticed by the distinctive cooing sound they make and the red glow they're highlighted with. Killing all 200 Flying Rats adds 2.5% to the game completed percentage and also unlocks an Annihilator helicopter on a helipad near Star Junction in Algonquin.
The in-game website www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com shows the location of the flying rats. Small dots are one flying rat, while large dots represent two or more. On Happiness Island, the large dot represents six flying rats.
One Flying Rat is not represented on the website. This one is located on the far west/south-west side of Alderney (the far left island), on a construction site.
Pigeons appear in the enhanced version of Grand Theft Auto V, though no longer as collectibles. Similar to other animals, the player can transform into a pigeon by consuming Peyote Plants.
Despite the fact that the 200 Flying Rats gets the player an Annihilator, the helicopter hardly ever spawns. If someone uses the window cleaning platform, and has a better chance of it spawning by using a helicopter to reach the top, which is extremely illogical, unless the player is using another kind of helicopter and wants to use the Annihilator.
There are other spawn points for the Annihilator which are easily accessible without the need to kill the Flying Rats, effectively rendering the helicopter as a worthless reward.
- "Flying rat" is a New York slang term for a pigeon.
- If you are struggling with finding all the pigeons, try hunting at night. The low lighting provided by night makes the orange glow given off by the birds much more noticeable.
- Despite being back in the enhanced version of Grand Theft Auto V, they only appear in the actual game as a hallucination, when the player eats a Peyote Plant.
- Seagulls - The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony equivalent.
- Security Cameras - Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars equivalent.
- gta4onlineguide.com - contains details for each flying rat.