- "A true high-velocity handgun, for quick and accurate kills."
- ―Description from the TBoGT website.
The pistol .44 is modeled after the AMT Auto Mag, a handgun which was designed to bring the .44 Magnum power to a semi-automatic pistol, making it the first .44 caliber handgun to appear in the HD Universe. The pistol has a long, thin, barrel, a rounded trigger, and a wooden handle. The pistol itself is coloured silver. The pistol is designed to hold 8 rounds per magazine.
The Pistol .44 is a very powerful pistol thanks to its ammo type. The pistol easily overpowers other pistols like basic pistol, combat pistol and automatic pistol in terms of pure power, capable of killing an unarmored NPC with two shots, while it can take up to five shots to kill armored enemies like NOOSE officers.
It is also highly accurate than other pistols and actually other firearms, making it an ideal weapon for headshots. However, it has the slowest rate of fire among the GTA IV's handguns due to its recoil. It is capable of being used for executions.
In the Ballad of Gay Tony the Pistol .44 is rarely used by common enemies. However, the pistol is frequently used in advanced Drug Wars side-missions, mostly by the missions' NPC allies Armando Torres and Henrique Bardas.
- First seen used by Vic Manzano in the mission Boulevard Baby. It is obtainable in the mission after the player kills Manzano.
- Given to protagonist Luis Fernando Lopez by Rocco and Vince during the mission Party's Over.
- Spawned at the player's apartment after successfully completing ten Drug Wars side-missions.
- Can be bought from Armando Torres's gun van after completing 10 Drug Wars side-missions at the cost of $640.
- The Pistol .44 was first seen in "The Girl" trailer of Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, during in which Luis killed an enemy before jumping on a plane from a Bati Custom motorcycle.
- The Pistol .44 is one of the starting weapons in TBoGT's multiplayer mode, along with the knife.
- The Pistol .44 was gold in the beta.