|This article needs more images of:|
Improved Design Gallery images.
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
In Grand Theft Auto V, its styling inspiration appears to be a pastiche of common late-70s/early-80s American car styling. The bumpers, sides and bustle-back styling (a majority of the chassis) is based on the Seventh Generation (1982-1987) Lincoln Continental. The grille and headlights are similar to a 1982/1983 Chevrolet Malibu (the shorter width of the grille makes it look like a 1984 - 85 Chevrolet Celebrity); and the taillights seem based on a '80-'81 Pontiac Bonneville/'85-'86 Pontiac Parisienne, the reverse lights could also suggest some other luxury cars. The combined look seems to emulate an early Cadillac Seville as it is commonly mistaken for one.
In-game, it is modeled after the existing Esperanto in GTA IV, with two stripes (gold and blue) down the side and "STATE PATROL" next to the front door, and the police emblem emblazoned on the front doors, a lightbar on the top of the roof, and blue and red lights elsewhere. It is used by the North Yankton State Patrol. The Police Roadcruiser only spawns with snow on its roof, hood, and trunk, due to it being programmed to appear only in the Prologue, like the Police Rancher. The vehicle also features chains on its tires for better grip on snowy and icy streets.
Current Design Gallery
|This article or section contains insufficient information and is considered as a Stub. You can help GTA Wiki by |
Very little is known about its performance, since it's undrivable by default. By visual evidences, the vehicle is fast and easy to drive, although its resistance is somewhat average, like any police car.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||140 / 225||
1800 / 3968
V8 (In-game model)
Mass cannot be observed.
- North Yankton State Patrol possessed a fleet of Police Roadcruisers during the year 2004, along with Police Ranchers.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- It appears in the Prologue, where the NYSP use it to transport police units to the Ludendorff bank during the heist. Several of them appears on the response.
- Crashing into walls will detach the lightbar located on the roof. This also happens with the Police Rancher.
- The car is internally defined as a Sports Car in the handling data for an unknown reason. Therefore, if driving around town in it, pedestrians will comment on it positively even though it's just a police car.
- Unlike the Esperanto, the Roadcruiser doesn't feature a defroster rear window, implying that civilian Esperantos are better equipped, including this feature.
- Police Rancher, another NYSP police car.