The Declasse Police Patrol is a Merit modified for police service in Grand Theft Auto IV. In Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, it is depicted as a generic police car, possibly representing both GTA IV's Police Patrol and the Police Cruiser.
DescriptionThe Police Patrol's front is modeled after the eighth generation Chevrolet Impala Police Edition while the back resembles a BMW 318i E36. The Patrol, as the name implies, is generally used as a patrol vehicle rather than a pursuit vehicle, due to it being slower and heavier than the Police Cruiser, however the acceleration is about the same. The Police Patrol has good handling, with minimal spin and smooth turning, but has a tendency to roll over whilst turning at high speed.
Like the Cruiser, the Patrol's livery is clearly based on those of the New York Police Department's vehicles.
In GTA Chinatown Wars, the Patrol bears LAPD-style markings, rather than the LCPD style, making the car more immediately recognizable as a police car via the DS interface; the car also incorporates GTA IV's police computer for use in vigilante side missions, and being the defacto police car in the game, is the fastest sedan-based law-enforcement vehicle in the game, with responsive controls and good durability. In cutscenes, the car in its GTA IV form may be seen (alongside the Police Cruiser), but is depicted with omitted rear quarter glasses.
The PSP depiction of the Police Patrol in GTA CW looks more similar to its GTA IV counterpart. It differs in which "LCPD" is written on the roof the car, unlike the DS/iOS versions.
The Police Patrol may be used in mission requiring a police computer (Search and Delete, Portrait of a Killer and Smackdown), if it spawns instead of the Police Cruiser. It may also spawn in Crime and Punishment, however the Cruiser responds to a call in Beachgate.
The Police Patrol may appear in missions where the players obtains a wanted level;
- Blow Your Cover
- The Snow Storm
- Actions Speak Louder than Words
- Hating the Haters
- To Live and Die in Alderney
- Although distinct from the Police Cruiser, the Patrol has "Police Cruiser" badging in GTA IV. The same badge is seen on the back of the actual Police Cruiser.
- Under the "Chinatown Wars" section of the Rockstar Games Social Club website, members may download a printable papercraft model of a "Police Car". The car's design is a cross between the police cars depicted in GTA III and GTA Liberty City Stories, as well as newer police cars seen in GTA IV and GTA Chinatown Wars.
- Like other emergency vehicles with roof-mounted strobe lights in GTA IV, the Police Patrol's siren will malfunction by wailing in random, distorted pitches if the strobe light housing is significantly damaged by gunfire, falling objects, or rolling of the vehicle. The second and third sirens noises are also disabled, leaving the car with only the malfunctioning siren noise.
- Unlike the Police Cruiser, you cannot get the Police Patrol in multiplayer for unknown reasons. Only the Police Cruiser remains at police stations in GTA IV, and can be seen patrolling if you have Police turned on in your multiplayer preferences.
- The Grand Theft Auto V predecessor is the Interceptor.
- Interestingly, the Police Patrol is more likely to spawn than the Police Cruiser if you're in Broker.
- In Grand Theft Auto V on the Southernsanandreassuperautos.com website, it describes the Cheval Fugitive as being a car of choice for police. However, there is no Police variant in the game at the time of this writing. This may have been a beta replacement for the Police Patrol, being a DeClasse platform vehicle.
- The Police Patrol has a brief cameo in the ingame movie for Grand Theft Auto V Meltdown which appears during the intro to the film along with the Taxi based on the first generation Stanier & the Cabby based on the Minivan.
- Police officers will steal the car when parked in safehouse parking spot. This occurs when a police officer is chasing a suspect nearby. If the suspect is detained, the officer will escort them into the car and drive off. If the player steals it back, they will receive no wanted level, but they will if they attack the officer to prevent further theft.