Police stations are locations in the Grand Theft Auto series where the local law enforcement and their vehicles are located. Some police stations in the series also have helipads and even double as towing impounds. The main reason for a police department in the game is to act as a spawn location when the player gets Busted. In the 3D Universe, it was restricted to one island or city (San Andreas). In the HD Universe, there are multiple stations per island or city (GTA V, however there is only 1 per small town).
The Liberty City Police Department is headquartered in Torrington. The building is unique for having a helipad on its roof. The interiors of any of these stations are not accessible to the player.
The Vice City Police Department is headquartered in Washington Beach. It is the only accessible police station in Vice City. The main entrance allows visitors but within the headquarters are restricted to only police. If the player attempts to go past the main entrance, they will gain a two-star wanted level. However, the player can wear a cop uniform to access the whole interior without being wanted.
In GTA San Andreas, there is a total of seven police stations under the command of the San Andreas Police Department. Three are situated in major cities, while the remaining four are located in rural areas of the State of San Andreas.
- Los Santos Police Headquarters - Pershing Square, Los Santos
- Dillimore, Red County
- Angel Pine, Whetstone
- San Fierro Police Headquarters - Downtown, San Fierro
- El Quebrados Police Station - El Quebrados, Tierra Robada
- Fort Carson Police Station - Fort Carson, Bone County
- Las Venturas Police Headquarters - Roca Escalante, Las Venturas
The Los Santos Police Headquarters, the Dillimore station, and the Las Venturas Police Headquarters are the only stations accessible to the player. Access to the station is unrestricted, but if the player draws a firearm, they immediately gain a two-star wanted level. Of an interesting note, the Dillimore station is exactly the same as the LSPD headquarters, but with different officers.
- Alderney, although independent from Liberty City, it shares their police force, the only difference being the uniform.
- "The LSPD don't mess around. There are no three strikes in Los Santos; one strike and you're on your way to either jail or the morgue. If you are arrested, you'll have your ammunition and body armor confiscated, be taken to the nearest police station, and will have to post bail on release."
- — GTA V Manual
Police stations of the LSPD.
- Beaver Bush Ranger Station- Baytree Canyon Road & Marlowe Drive
- Davis Sheriff/Police Station - Innocence Boulevard & Roy Lowenstein Boulevard
- Del Perro Police Station - Red Desert Avenue at Del Perro Pier
- La Mesa Police Station - Popular Street & Capital Boulevard below the Olympic Freeway
- Mission Row Police Station - Sinner Street & Vespucci Boulevard.
- Rockford Hills Police Station - Eastbourne Way & Abe Milton Parkway
- Vespucci Police Station - San Andreas Avenue & South Rockford Drive
- Vespucci Beach Police Station - Vespucci Beach
- Vinewood Police Station - Elgin Avenue & Vinewood Boulevard
- Sandy Shores Sheriff's Station (Zancudo Avenue and Mountain View Drive)
- Paleto Bay Sheriff's Office (Paleto Boulevard and Great Ocean Highway)
- In GTA V, an interior for the Paleto Bay Sheriff's Office was possibly dropped during development. However, the interior can still be seen in-game by stepping into the non-solid window by the front entrance, but it's not solid.