|This article needs more images of:|
Badges for design gallery
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
Current Design Galley
Grand Theft Auto V
The vehicle's size and heavy weight leave it slightly inferior in terms of handling, but its top speed and acceleration are very impressive for a truck of this size. Its turning radius is quite big due to its long wheelbase, however its heavy weight makes it very useful for ramming other cars off the road, and it is a very durable vehicle.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||74 / 120 (handling.dat)||
5500 / 12125 (handling.dat)
|8.1 Seconds||100 / 160||
(rear 4) V8 (Spark-Plug Textures)
RWD (rear 4)
Mass cannot be observed.
Grand Theft Auto V
- Often seen at the Port of Los Santos.
- Seen on the main highways, especially on the La Puerta Freeway.
- Sometimes seen on the avenues of Morningwood and Richman.
- Much more common across the entirety of Los Santos in the enhanced version of the game (PS4/XB1/PC).
Grand Theft Auto Online
- One of the most common trucks in GTA Online, appears commonly in Downtown Los Santos (HD Universe) and on many freeways.
- Rarely appears at the docks.
- Sometimes found parked in warehouses and parking areas at the Port of Los Santos.
- The name is a poke on the fact that the truck is able to ram smaller vehicles into walls, seriously damaging, or "pounding" them, and also on its weight and size.
- The name might also be a sexual reference to "pounding" which refers to rough sexual intercourse.
- The horn was altered for the enhanced version of the game, it is now has several new horns, the horn picked is randomized (PS4/XB1).
- Strangely, the engine model for the Pounder appears to use 8 spark plugs, suggesting it is a petrol engine, untypical for a vehicle of this kind. It also suggests the engine can only be a petrol single-cam V8.
- Packer, a vehicle from several GTA games, that shares the front cab of the Pounder in GTA V.
- Flatbed, a vehicle from several GTA games, that also shares the same front cab as the Pounder in GTA V.