|This article needs more images of:|
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
The car's design is heavily influenced by the Hyundai Tiburon (second generation), especially the front end and side profile, which is also known as the Hyundai Tiburon in the US and the Tuscani in Europe. The rear configuration seems to be a cross between the Hyundai Coupe and the 2006 Volvo S60. The headlights have a similar design to the Kuruma from GTA III.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto V
The Prairie is a very good performer in the compact class. The engine seems to be a twin-cam 4 Cylinder. The acceleration takes a bit of time to accelerate to its proper pace as it generates wheel spin, but can reach a relatively good top speed. Tests have found that the Prairie generates unusual but staggering acceleration going downhill with very little chance of making the front lose control which gives the car a good advantage in a race.
When cornering, the car is quite responsive, but not great. Its front wheel drive drivetrain ensures that the rear doesn't break traction when cornering, and there is very minimal oversteer. The car is capable of sharp cornering, though a bit of speed may be lost when doing so. Overall, it is a great car in its class and a good beginner car.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||84 / 135 (Handling.dat)||
1400 / 3086 (Handling.dat)
Inline-4 (In-game model)
Mass cannot be observed.
Modifications (GTA V)
|This article or section is Under Construction.|
Grand Theft Auto V
- Commonly can be seen driving around in Rockford Hills, and West Vinewood including nearby neighborhoods such as Alta, Burton, Hawick, Vespucci and Pillbox Hill.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Commonly seen around Vinewood, or near the Vinewood Race Track.
- Can be requested by Simeon which makes it more common to spawn.
- The default radio station for the Prairie is WorldWide FM.
- In Grand Theft Auto Online, Prairie sells for $2,500 at Los Santos Customs.
- In Grand Theft Auto Online, the Prairie is more common to find than in Single Player. However, the Prairie is now rarer to find in the 1.13 update.
- The Prairie shares its name with the Nissan Prairie, a station wagon sold as the Stanza wagon in the US.
- Oddly, despite being front wheel drive, the engine is laid longitudinally, a normally tricky combination.