|The following is based on Grand Theft Auto V cut content and has not been verified by canon sources. Reader discretion is advised.|
Please do not add unverified or speculative content to this article unless confirmed by Rockstar Games or in-game data.
Grand Theft Auto V
The Programmable AR is based on the XM25 CDTE Grenade Launcher. The name refers to the ability to adjust its range and fire rate of each round, as expected from the real life counterpart. Due to its categorization in the Assault Rifles slot, and its explosive ammo data, it is unknown whether this weapon was a grenade launcher or a simple assault rifle with explosive rounds.
The weapon had an unique "Complex" reticle. It appeared as the standard scope model albeit with a different cross-hair design, featuring a red horizontal line at the top and bottom of the cross-hair, an arc-shaped red line with a horizontal line outside the center of the arc, and a standard white dot in the middle. The crosshair color will fade out if the weapon is aimed at any pedestrian model. 
Grand Theft Auto V
GTA V Overview
(m / ft)
|Reload Mechanism||Reload Speed|
|N/A||N/A||Cannot be determined||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Rounds & magazine||GTA V|
|Rounds (Unknown Amount)||Unknown|
- ↑ If restored using modifications, the HUD Icon will only appear if the weapon is assigned to the Assault Rifles slot.
- ↑ Game Files: Unused Ammu-Nation sign stating the weapon's full name (v_ilev_gunsign_progar)
- ↑ Game Files: The reticle can be brought back into the game by changing any weapon's ReticuleStyleHash data to "WEAPON_PROGRAMMABLE_AR", and enabling the Complex Weapon Target option in the game's Display settings.
- ↑ In-Game:
- ↑ From global.gxt2: AM_H_PROGAR = Press and hold ~INPUT_AIM~ to aim the Programmable A.R. then press ~INPUT_ATTACK~ to set the range.~n~Once the range has been set press ~INPUT_ATTACK~ to fire.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Website: The GTA V Beta Hunt - GTAForums (April 29, 2017).