- "A global sportswer brand that pioneered the outsource-to-child-labor-and-sell-at-a-10000%-markup business model."
- ― Description at LCN.com.
In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, there are two ProLaps stores in the state of San Andreas that are accessible to the player, located in Rodeo, Los Santos and Creek, Las Venturas. The interior of the store features a wooden floor, several shoe boxes and clothing on display (such as clothing worn by pedestrians and purchasable clothing) and plays the radio station CSR 103.9. Pedestrians also wear ProLaps clothing, as a Da Nang Boys member wears a black shirt with the ProLaps logo imprinted on the back.
In Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, the Biker gang members seen in Avenging Angels side missions and in Maria Latore's mission string wear ProLaps t-shirts, and a billboard for the store is found in Chinatown, Portland. However, no stores are found within the game.
In Grand Theft Auto IV, ProLaps still exists, but no stores are accessible to the player and clothing by them cannot be worn. During The Ballad of Gay Tony, ProLaps is shown with an expanded product line, including fighting gloves (as seen in Momma's Boy), parachutes, and golf carts. In The Lost and Damned, ProLaps appears on a banner in the basement of the Angels of Death HQ in the mission Action/Reaction. In Grand Theft Auto V, it is one of the brands featured in Sub Urban stores, and clothing and accessories are available for the player. In all HD Universe games, pedestrians, particularly joggers and sports players, are found wearing ProLaps clothing.
Clothing in GTA San Andreas
|Item||Respect % +||Sex Appeal % +||Price|
|ProLaps Black T||7||10||$50|
|Black Track Pants||5||5||$120|
|Blue Track Pants||5||5||$140|
|Green Cap (Back)||1||0||$40|
|Green Cap (Side)||1||0||$40|
|Green Cap (Tilt)||1||0||$40|
|Green Cap (Up)||1||0||$40|
|Caddy||Golf Cart||Club Car Precedent||The Ballad of Gay Tony only|
|Parachute||Parachute||HD Universe only|
|Golf Club||Golf Club||HD Universe only|
- GTA San Andreas
- The name Prolaps is a play on the word prolapse, meaning "to fall out of place"; or, more specifically, to a rectal prolapse. Together with the store's motto "[S]Train Hard", the joke behind the name is thus revealed, as a rectal prolapse is commonly caused by intense/prolonged straining during defecation.
- The owner of the store in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas shows a very camp personality, and appears to use homosexual slang, parodying the stereotype of butch men interested in sports. This is also the case with Didier Sachs.
- In Playboy X's room in his safehouse, the player can see a shoe box purchased in ProLaps.
- Luis' fight club tee is manufactured by ProLaps.
- The parachute in TBoGT is manufactured by ProLaps.
- Rocco Pelosi drives a ProLaps Caddy with a safety cage in Practice Swing.
- One of the Da Nang Boys members wears a ProLaps shirt. Similarly, one of the Ballas members is wearing a purple ProLaps shirt, on the back it has the ProLaps logo.