- "A global sportswear brand that pioneered the outsource-to-child-labor-and-sell-at-a-10000%-markup business model."
- ― Description at LCN.com.
ProLaps, also stylized as Pro-Laps in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, is a sportswear and sport equipment manufacturer which appears in the 3D Universe and HD Universe. The player can buy stocks from them in the Lcn-exchange.com website in Grand Theft Auto V.
In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, there are two ProLaps stores in the state of San Andreas that are accessible to the player where they can purchase various sporting outfits and accessories. The interior of the store features a wooden floor, several shoe boxes and clothing on display (such as clothing worn by pedestrians and purchasable clothing). The radio station playing inside is CSR 103.9. Pedestrians also wear ProLaps clothing, as a Da Nang Boys member wears a black shirt with the ProLaps logo imprinted on the back.
In Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, the Biker gang members seen in Avenging Angels side missions and in Maria Latore's mission string wear ProLaps t-shirts, and a billboard for the store is found in Chinatown, Portland. However, no stores are found within the game.
In Grand Theft Auto IV, ProLaps still exists, but no stores are accessible to the player and clothing by them cannot be worn. During The Ballad of Gay Tony, ProLaps is shown with an expanded product line, including fighting gloves (as seen in "Momma's Boy"), parachutes, golf clubs and golf carts. Luis' fight club tee is also implied to be produced by ProLaps.
In Grand Theft Auto V, it is one of the brands featured in Sub Urban stores, and clothing and accessories are available for the player. In all HD Universe games, pedestrians, particularly joggers and sports players, are found wearing ProLaps clothing.
Clothing in GTA San Andreas
The range of outfits available at ProLaps stores is as expected for a sporting outlet. The vast majority of items on sale are sports-related, including specialized accessories and attires, and uniforms for specific sporting teams based in San Andreas. Most items on offer at ProLaps are priced at a moderate-to-high amount to reflect their high-performance nature; notably, watches from ProLaps are significantly expensive and are the most pricey items in the store.
ProLaps is also the only store that offers motorcycle helmets (three types in total), all of which are listed under the "Hats" section; like other hats, the helmets are designed to be worn at all times but offer no extra protection to the player. The Pickelhaube-like "Helmut" in particular is compatible with the biker outfit set available at Victim.
- For a comprehensive list of clothing available from ProLaps in GTA San Andreas, see /Clothing in GTA San Andreas.
- GTA San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto V
- The name Prolaps is a play on the word "prolapse", meaning "to fall out of place"; or, more specifically, to a rectal prolapse. Together with the store's motto "[S]Train Hard", the joke behind the name is thus revealed, as a rectal prolapse is commonly caused by intense/prolonged straining during defecation.
- The owner of the store in GTA San Andreas shows a very camp personality, and appears to use homosexual slang, parodying the stereotype of butch men interested in sports. This is also the case with Didier Sachs.