- "Popped her! Just about to fix the tires, should be back any minute."
- — Carl Johnson.
Puncture Wounds is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, given to protagonist Carl Johnson by Varrios Los Aztecas leader Cesar Vialpando from Carl's garage in the Doherty district of San Fierro.
Dwaine, Jethro, and Carl are all being idle, until Cesar comes in the garage in a Remington. Cesar is angry, having found yet another car on the wishlist but the vehicle is too fast and the driver is too quick. Carl then comes up with an idea to use stinger traps in order to stop the vehicle and have a chance to obtain it, as its tires will be punctured.
Carl gets in a Tampa modded with three stinger traps and follows the driver in the desired vehicle, who is working here way towards Whetstone. Carl eventually releases a stinger to pop the tires of the vehicle, which also results in the driver fleeing. Cesar phones him, checking on how it's going. Carl says he already got the vehicle, and says that he'll fix it first. Carl does so, and takes the vehicle back to the garage.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in the car. This car has been modded to use stingers
- Burst the tires of the target car using stingers
- Get in the car and take it back to the garage
The rewards for this mission are $5000 and an increase in respect. A Stratum will spawn on the first floor of the Wang Cars showroom. The showroom becomes an asset, and would generate a maximum of $8,000.
- This is the only mission or part of the game to use road spikes without using modifications.
- The car CJ uses that is modded to sport road spikes bears the license plate "DAMO666". 666 is referring to the Number of the Devil, most likely because of Cesar's comment in the opening cutscene ("That damn bitch drives like the Devil!") but the meaning of DAMO is unknown, although in Korean, a damo can be translated to "tea lady".
- Just like the first car, the targeted car also has a unique licence plate that humorously reads "TIGER CUM". This, unintentionally and further in the future, is a pun on "Tiger Mom".
- If the car is popped via gunfire, Cesar will not call CJ but CJ will instead immediately get in the car.
- If you fail to catch the car, the driver will go to the Angel Pine Ammu-Nation, entering the garage and therefore failing the mission. But, oddly, even though she enters the garage (use modifications to do it), she will keep driving like there was no obstacles in front of her.
- If you attack the driver of the Stratum, they will turn and attack the player aggressively even if the player shoots her with guns. In normal gameplay, the pedestrian model used by the driver will usually bail out and abandon her car when the car is shot, and when not driving, will flee when attacked, except when they are looking at shop windows or sitting on a bench.
- The pedestrian driving the Stratum uses the same model as the rich Hispanic woman found in the richer parts of San Andreas. Interestingly, this model is also used as the woman the player has to kill alongside Alan Crawford in Management Issues.