The RON Alternates Wind Farm is a large wind farm featured in Grand Theft Auto V.
It is located in Los Santos County, San Andreas. It is maintained by the Los Santos Department of Wind Power. The wind farm is bordered by the Senora Freeway to the west, Senora Way to the east, and the San Chianski Mountain Range to the north.
The Los Santos Department of Water & Power considers these windmills as a threat to public heath and environment, as evidenced by their billboard and TV commercials, and is attempting to get the wind farms banned. They claim the windmills ruin the natural habitat of many Southern San Andreas bird species and that their blades are killing the birds.
Known Roads and Streets
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- The Final Frontier (Franklin meets Omega in his trailer, located in a trailer park in the wind farm, after collecting all the Spaceship Parts).
- The Big Score (Obvious) (Trevor flies to the wind farm to lose Merryweather Security chasing the crew).
- Turbine Carbine (The player engages a massive shootout against The Lost MC in order to get a van full of weapons).
- Coveted (The player can fly through the wind farm to evade the enemy helicopter before going to a lock-up in Los Santos to deliver the container).
- If the player has a wanted level of three or more stars while in the Wind Farm, the rotating wind turbines are a potential hazard to the Police Mavericks that give chase to the player. The Police Helicopter's AI seems to disregard the rotating blades of the wind turbines, so the helicopters may be seen crashing into them and exploding.
- The windmills with construction cranes built next to them can actually be knocked over with a Dump, in GTA Online.