|Not to be confused with Channel X.|
- "Finally, there IS an alternative. The home of Modern Rock. This is a revolution. Guitars, nihilistic hedonism, and telling the elder generation to go screw themselves. Nobody has done this before. We are original thinkers. We are free. Sage leads the navel gazing; she is a remarkable talent."
- ―GTA San Andreas Website
Radio X, referred to as Radio:X in its logo, is an alternative rock/heavy metal/grunge music station in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
The station is hosted by Sage, an escaped mental patient who holds extremely pessimistic world views. A proud member of Generation X, she is very outspoken against the previous generation and constantly speaks her views on air between songs.
Playlist for Radio X
- Helmet - "Unsung" (1991)
- Depeche Mode - "Personal Jesus" (1989)
- Faith No More - "Midlife Crisis" (1992)
- Danzig - "Mother" (1988)
- Living Colour - "Cult of Personality" (1988)
- Primal Scream - "Movin' on Up" (1991)
- Guns N' Roses - "Welcome to the Jungle" (1987)
- L7 - "Pretend We're Dead" (1992)
- Ozzy Osbourne - "Hellraiser" (1991)*
- Soundgarden - "Rusty Cage" (1991)
- Rage Against the Machine - "Killing in the Name" (1992)*
- Jane's Addiction - "Been Caught Stealing" (1990)
- The Stone Roses - "Fools Gold" (1989)
- Alice in Chains - "Them Bones" (1992)
- Stone Temple Pilots - "Plush" (1992)
Songs marked with * don't appear in the Re-Released versions of the game.
- The "X" in Radio X is reference to Generation X, the generation born between the mid-1960s and early-1980s.
- The station is the default station when the player enters an Andromada, Buffalo, or PCJ-600.
- "Head Like a Hole", originally by Nine Inch Nails, was covered by A.F.I. and is featured as a bonus track to the soundtrack collection, even though it's not featured in-game. The original song would most likely be featured on Radio X, given the genre of the song and station. However, this would be anachronistic, as the A.F.I. cover was not recorded until the 2000s, several years after the setting of GTA: San Andreas.
- "Killing in The Name" by Rage Against the Machine is played while the player dates a girlfriend in a wrong Restaurant.
- "Plush" by Stone Temple Pilots, while recorded for their 1992 debut album Core, wasn't actually released as a single until 1993, after the timeline of the game.
- There is an actual Radio X in the United Kingdom that focuses on alternative music, however, it was known as Xfm prior to 2015. It also did not air until 1997, five years after San Andreas takes place.
- The station seems to be based on the former X103.9 , a radio station in San Bernardino that formerly played alternative rock.
- However, the station may have also been based on KNAC , which was a Long Beach radio station that played heavy metal, alongside grunge in the 1990s. It also often played songs from bands appearing on Radio X, such as Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Guns N' Roses, and Stone Temple Pilots.
- V-Rock - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City which also plays heavy metal and hard rock, as well as another song by Ozzy Osbourne.
- Wave 103 - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories which plays another song by Depeche Mode.
- Liberty Rock Radio - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto IV which also plays alternative rock.
- Radio Broker - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto IV which plays alternative rock in the form of dance-rock and indie rock.
- Channel X - A similarly-named radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which plays punk rock.
- Vinewood Boulevard Radio - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which also plays alternative rock in the form of garage rock and noise rock.
- P.M.R. - A cut radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which would've played 90s alternative rock and featured a song by Faith No More.