- "One of the best-selling mid-size crossovers on the market today. Enjoy the feel and functionality of an SUV without everybody berating you about your carbon footprint."
- ―Southern San Andreas Super Autos description.
The Radius is heavily based on both the 2011 Ford Edge and late model Dodge Caliber; however, the rear lacks the rear-mounted license plate that the Edge has in the middle. The frontal area is dominated mostly by the chrome grill with the central mounted Vapid logo, and with the grille continuing until the end of the frontal area, where it splits the headlamps. The Radius is available with two-tone paint jobs at Los Santos Customs, though it does not have any visual modifications available. The side of the car features a triangular air intake at the top of the front wheel wells. The wheel wells bulge outwards, and the side has no character lines, so the side design is plain.
Current Design Gallery
The Radius has a high output V6 engine coupled with a 6 speed gearbox. It also sports active AWD, which in turn gives it excellent acceleration. The Radius sits very low to the ground and has a decently stiff suspension giving it sporty handling for an SUV. This car is a good example of a sleeper, being underwhelming on the exterior but having really good performance on the road. With a few tuning parts, it can compete with sportier cars like the Sultan and Blista.
The crossover's 3.6L (220ci) V6 engine has a grunty and unique sound with plenty of torque, the engine sound is similar to a typical cross-plane V6, with the roar it produces. A notable drawback to its performance is its transmission which will only shift at very high RPM. Only a slight slope on a road is necessary to make it hang and refuse to shift.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||140 / 225||
220ci (3.6L) V6 (Badging)
2400 / 5291
Mass cannot be observed.
Grand Theft Auto V
|Type||Upgrade||Cost (Story)||Cost (Online)|
|Armor||Armor Upgrade 20%||$500||$4,500|
|Armor Upgrade 40%||$1,250||$7,500|
|Armor Upgrade 60%||$2,000||$12,000|
|Armor Upgrade 80%||$3,500||$21,000|
|Armor Upgrade 100%||$5,000||$30,000|
|Engine||EMS Upgrade, Level 1||$900||$1,800|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 2||$1,250||$2,500|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 3||$1,800||$3,600|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 4||$3,350||$6,700|
- Spawns on the side of a road, along with a Surfer in Blaine County.
- Available for sale on the Southern San Andreas Super Autos site in multiplayer after the Business Update has been installed.
- Borrowing its features from the Dodge Caliber and Ford Edge, The name and term "radius" means the half diameter of a circle, while the term "caliber" measures the approximate internal diameter of the barrel of a gun, or the diameter of the projectile they fire.
- Its file name
RADIfurther references the term "Radius", being the plural form of the word.
- Its file name
- The default radio station for the Radius is Blue Ark.
- This car shares the same rim design with the Gauntlet.