|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "All you need to know is - magnets, and it does horrible things to the things it's pointed at."
- ―Ammu-Nation description
This weapon is exclusively available to those returning to GTA V from the original PS3 or Xbox 360 versions. It can be used in the Adversary Modes Beast vs. Slasher, Juggernaut, and Kill Quota in Grand Theft Auto Online, regardless if the player is a returning player or not though it cannot be obtained outside of Adversary Mode.
Grand Theft Auto V
- "Fully-automatic, battery-powered gun, perfect for those looking for a more unusual yet highly-lethal weapon."
- ―Description on the Rockstar Games Social Club.
The Railgun is a high-tech military prototype Railgun designed for infantry use, adopting a carbine-like appearance. The weapon features a very linear design and two electrically-powered rails on the front, with a small fixed stock on the rear and what appears to be the vent units behind the power source. The Railgun also has a transparent sight with a triangle-shaped reticle on it. A green light is visible when the Railgun is loaded and turns red when fired.
According to the text on the side of the weapon, the Railgun is property of the United States Government.
When equipped, the Railgun emits a low pitch humming sound, which can be more easily heard when in first-person view. When fired, a flash of electric arc can be seen in the barrel, in which it will followed by a small explosion in the muzzle (a sonic boom) after the rounds are fired.
Grand Theft Auto V
|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of the GTA Wiki.|
The Railgun fires kinetic energy penetrator rounds at very high velocity (hypersonic speed). The rounds travel much faster than regular firearm bullets, and in addition to its hypersonic velocity, the kinetic energy rounds are capable of causing massive damage due to its velocity and energy; the resulting energy creates a powerful explosion on impact with the target.
According to IGN.com, one shot is enough to destroy a car and according to computerandvideogames.com, rounds do not cause damage if they miss or land near the target. The shot seems to reach its target instantly, however the rate of fire is very poor, taking multiple seconds between each shot to recharge the weapon. As a result, this weapon seems very effective at taking down helicopters and destroying vehicles, but in return, seems less effective against enemies on foot.
According to its Social Club description and stats: it is automatic, works with a battery and has low ammo capacity.
In-game, the weapon can take down nearly any vehicle in one shot from any range. The blast radius of an exploding car can destroy or severely damage surrounding vehicles. Against helicopters or any other aircraft (except for blimps), the weapon originally took two shots, which may have been a disadvantage considering the player can only hold 20 rounds, but in a later update, the weapon became even more powerful, allowing it to take down aircraft with just one shot. Despite the amount of damage it could inflict onto any vehicle, one can shoot at a vehicle's windows and as long as the shot goes straight into another window, it could safely pass through without blowing up the vehicle while leaving only holes in the window where the round passed through.
The damage per shot is almost equal to that of the Rhino's main gun, with its capability to destroy almost anything rapidly with ease. It is also an effective backup weapon to be used in missions that involve heavy shootouts, such as heists.
Based on the markings of the gun, it has a capacity of 1.21 Gigawatts.
|Damage||Fire Rate||Range||Ammo Specifications/|
|Reload Mechanism||Reload Speed|
|30 (direct impact)|
|N/A||20 RPM||Cannot be determined||1-round standard magazine||Auto-Charging||3.06 seconds|
- Round x1 - $100
- Black tint - Equipped by default
- Army tint - $4000
- Green tint - $4200
- Orange tint - $4400
- LSPD tint - $4600
- Pink tint - $6000
- Gold tint - $8000
- Platinum tint - $10000
Grand Theft Auto V
- Can be bought from Ammu-Nation for $250,000 after Minor Turbulence.
- One can be found within the wreckage of the cargo plane from Minor Turbulence, located north of Stab City.
- Alternatively, the Railgun can be obtained if the protagonist commits suicide in the Ammu-Nation Shooting Ranges.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Part of the Assault class loadout in Beast vs. Slasher.
- Part of loadouts two and four in Kill Quota.
- Part of the Juggernaut's loadout in Juggernaut.
- A railgun is a weapon that fires inert metallic rounds at velocities higher than the speed of sound using electromagnetism. As such, it has incredible range and accuracy in addition to massive kinetic energy. However, current railguns are in the prototype phase and due to a myriad of issues, such as power generation and heat dissipation are limited in size and portability to fixed (usually naval) mountings. Portable railguns do not exist outside of theoretical models.
Grand Theft Auto V
- The Social Club incorrectly states the Railgun is automatic which, in-game, is actually single-shot.
- Attempting to fire the weapon without ammunition will produce a unique static sound, opposing the standard "click" of conventional weapons.
- When using the Railgun during Beast vs. Slasher, the lights on the gun will not be turned on until the power is restored.