It appears that the Ranch store chain supplies southern, rodeo-style clothing (such as blue jeans, cowboy hats, chaps, flannel shirts, etc.).
The company was founded in 1888, with stores located in Downtown in Vice City, Rodeo in Los Santos, and multiple stores throughout Liberty City. Advertisements for Ranch also appear in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, and as sponsorship stickers on Hotring Racers.
As of 2008, there are several Ranch stores scattered across Liberty City and Alderney State. In GTA Chinatown Wars, there is a store located in North Holland. In GTA V, there are five stores located in Del Perro, Textile City, Burton and Little Seoul.
Ranch is a parody of Levi Strauss Co..
In GTA IV, the website Designerslave.com mentions that "Ranch invented jeans, so they know what they are doing...". This further shows that Ranch is a parody of Levi's, as Levi Strauss was the inventor or denim jeans in-real life.
- Feldspar Street, Columbus Avenue, Little Italy, Algonquin
- Liberty Lane and Diamond Street, City Hall, Algonquin
- Calcium Street and Amsterdam Lane, The Exchange, Algonquin
- Myung, Alderney City, Alderney
- Barium Street and Borlock Road, The Exchange, Algonquin
- The "Engineered Padding" poster in GTA IV clearly shows an erect penis bulge in the jeans demonstrated, another example of Rockstar's sexual humor.
- Even the Ranch slogan references a sexual position (rodeo style), yet another example of sexual humor.