|For the mission in GTA III, see Ransom (GTA III).|
Gracie Ancelotti's father doesn't believe that Gracie is kidnapped, but thinks she is out with "some guy", so Niko heads over to the safehouse where Gracie was dropped off at the end of the last mission to take a photo of her to send to her father. Niko hits Gracie to get her attention and takes a photo of her on his mobile phone. The misson is completed upon Niko leaving the building.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go upstairs to the safehouse
- Take a photo of Gracie
- Get out of the building
- If the player leaves the building and tries to reenter Gracie's room after Niko finishes his phone call with Patrick, the door will be locked and the room will be inaccessible. If Niko is in the room at the time, he will not be able to exit. The only way to fix this is to commit suicide.
- Gracie can be shot in the foot without failing the mission. If she is shot too many times, however, she will be killed.
- If the player returns to the apartment after taking Gracie's picture and kills Gordon, Niko will respawn outside the apartment and the mission will not fail.
- Alternatively, if the player finishes the mission and walks back to the apartment after the mission is considered complete, Gordon and Gracie will not be there, and after the door closes, they will be locked in. The only way out is to commit suicide or reload a save.
- Gordon can be seen watching pornography on TV during the mission, but the image is blurred.
- This mission can be done while on an activity with friends. If the player brings Packie along, Niko will not call Packie after leaving the safehouse, nor will either of them make any comments to one another about the mission. Gordon will also not recognize Packie and will still act as if Niko were alone.