- "Hunting, parachuting, getting mauled to death by mountain lions...Raton Canyon is a paradise for adrenaline junkies and Cassidy Creek provides an essential link for untreated sewage to flow between the Alamo Sea and the Pacific Ocean."
- ―GTA V digital manual
Raton Canyon is a canyon featured in Grand Theft Auto V.
It is located within the Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness area in Blaine County. Cassidy Creek runs from the Alamo Sea to the Pacific Ocean through the canyon. There are also several trails, as well as Raton Pass, that go through the canyon.
Raton Canyon is a large canyon that divides the Mount Josiah and Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness. It is crossed by Cassidy Creek, that creates several waterfalls. All the canyon is crossed by trails at differents levels. Three important bridges cross over the creek, including the Cassidy Creek Bridge. It is one of the most beautiful places of San Andreas, and an excellent place to do extreme sports like parachuting.
Places of Interest
- Calafia Bridge
- Cassidy Creek Bridge (Bixby Creek Bridge)
- Raton Canyon Ranger Office
- Raton Canyon Trails
Roads and Streets
- Its name is likely a reference to American beat author Jack Kerouac's novel Big Sur, in which the narrator spends time alone in the fictional "Raton Canyon." Ironically, the novel shares its name with the city in which Bixby Creek is located, which is the real-life counterpart of Raton Canyon.
- "Ratón" means mouse in Spanish.
- The picture of Raton Canyon in the digital manual erroneously shows Lago Zancudo.