|This article needs more images, because:|
Design gallery images and rear quarter images for all renditions of the Reefer.
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
Through the Grand Theft Auto series, the Reefer retained its general design as a large fishing boat, with its characteristic squared cab and a small radar on top.
The Reefer in Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories assumes its early design as a large utility boat, which has no special features. Later, the Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories rendition of the Reefer gain more details and large beams on the back, giving the vehicle a more utilitarian design. Finally, the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas rendition gains a complete fishing crane on the back, giving the vehicle its exact design of a fishing boat.
In Grand Theft Auto IV, the Reefer assumes a completely new design, having a smaller cab and the radar is now placed on the crane's beams, as well as a plank on the front, which is exactly the same as the one found on the Orca in the movie Jaws.
In Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, however, the Reefer assumes a rather simple design, bearing a close resemblance to the pre-GTA IV renditions, specifically the GTA: SA version.
Current Design Gallery
Version History Gallery
Based on a common shipping and fishing vessel, the Reefer is a slow yet durable fishing boat that can be obtained by a dock or on the water. In addition to being slow, it can hold only one passenger despite its large size. It is also a very poor choice of vehicle in a police chase because it will be quickly destroyed by police boats and lacks the speed or maneuverability to evade them.
Grand Theft Auto IV
The Reefer pretty much performs the same as in the 3D Universe, having slow speed, low acceleration and stiff controls. The Reefer is not recommended for Wanted Levels due to its slow speed, which makes it an easy target for enemy weapons.
- In the mission Clocking Off (TBoGT), a unique black Reefer can be seen in the pier that Luis and his friends have to get there. It cannot be obtained, since if the player fails the mission, the game resets the player's location.
- In So Near, Yet Sonar (GTA: CW), a unique salvage Reefer fitted with a magnet crane is used. It is different in that it replaces the usual fishing crane by the aforementioned magnet crane, as well as the ability to use its radar. It cannot be obtained.
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Docked at Ocean Docks, Los Santos.
- Six Reefers can be found at Los Santos Inlet and south coast of Back o' Beyond.
- Two can be found docked south of Easter Basin Naval Station, San Fierro.
- Docked at Esplanade East, San Fierro.
- Docked at Esplanade North, San Fierro.
- Docked at Palisades, San Fierro.
- Almost under the northernmost pillar of Gant Bridge, San Fierro Bay.
- Three can be found north of Las Payasadas and Verdant Meadows, Bone County.
- Eight can be found on water north, northeast and east of Las Venturas.
- Docked south of Rockshore East, Las Venturas.
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- Docked at the jetty by Asuka's condo in Newport, Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Docked at a small pier near the Vice City Junkyard in Little Haiti, Vice City.
Grand Theft Auto IV
- The name Reefer is a play on the slang term meaning Marijuana, but it is also a reference to coral reefs, which can be found on the seafloor of oceans.
- Unlike the previous renditions of the Reefer, the player can climb upon the roof of the cabin in GTA IV.
- While not appearing in Grand Theft Auto V, a wrecked Reefer can be found on the Vespucci Beach. It assumes the design of the 3D Universe Reefer, and the wreck is heavily vandalized with graffiti.
- Not physically appearing, a screenshot of the Reefer from Grand Theft Auto IV can be seen in a calendar on board the Ocean Motion cargo ship in the port of Terminal in Grand Theft Auto V with the words "I'm on a Boat" above the picture.