- First Episode (Grand Theft Auto IV): The Rangers bomb an agrarian orphanage, then head to another planet. A squid-like alien native of the planet says they must stop an evil alien from destroying their culture and taking their resources. The episode ends with both aliens getting shot.
- Episode 456: Trouble Brewing Down South (Episodes from Liberty City): Tired of his treatment, Butch decides to become friends with an alien secretly. However during a meeting, when he was trying to pass some beans to his new friend, he got spotted by Commander and Dick. They proclaim that Butch has become gay and a communist and attempted to kill him. However, Butch and the unnamed alien flee on a spaceship. While chasing Butch, the RSR ship gets stuck in a huge artificial ring-shaped planet (which acts very similar to the Halo from the Halo series). Dick uses the Hyper Drive in an attempt to get out of the ring, humorously referring to this action as "Shitstorm in a Basket", however, this fails and the ship runs out of fuel. The aforementioned alien decides to save Commander and Dick by flying up to the stuck ship. Commander and Dick eject from their ship and the episode ends with a question "Will the Commander and Dick explode in the vacuum of space?"
- Homecoming (Episodes from Liberty City): The Rangers return to Earth (after being asleep for eight years, instead of eight hours, due to a mistake by Dick). They realize that the U.S. has aliens in it because of not protecting the homeland. They soon go to a Human and/or Other Equal Species Reform Unit, and then realize that the USA has an alien president, President Zane, whose head is shaped like a scrotum, and whose neck resembles a penis. The three decide to kill him or set off a terrorist act and blame it on "Brown People." With Commander stopping Zane's hovercar, Dick prepares to shoot. He misses and shoots Commander in the penis. The episode ends with a clue that another episode might be made in GTA V.
- Un-Named Episodes Game Informer stated that new episodes of the series will be coming to GTA V.
- Commander: Commander is the leader of the squad. He is always seen with a cigar in his mouth, even while sleeping. He claims blogging is for communists and queers and calls Butch "Cyber-Shopper".
- Dick: Dick seems to be second in command. He has a mustache and wears a red headband. He hero-worships the Commander, and often wishes for the next time he might be subject to the Commander's "warm, hairy embrace." Although generally sharing the same bloodlust as his two companions, Dick has a shining moment of clarity by whispering, "No, the enemy is inside" after the Commander screams that the enemy is "out there boys!" Shortly after, however, he partakes in the genocide of an alien race with glee. He also makes sexual comments that are homosexual in nature. In the episode "Trouble Brewing Down South" Dick proclaims that he was raised on a farm, when searching for Butch. In the episode "Homecoming", Dick got a picture of himself by his cryogenic tube and he cannot spell four. It's also revealed that he was molested by his uncle and says "That's me and Papa's secret".
- Butch: Butch is the tall, obese pilot of the ship who carries two guns. He has a distinctive, hillbilly-esque voice and is the dumbest of the three. His helmet's visor has his own spit on it. Butch's stupidity is often exemplified by groupthink actions (such as agreeing with the other two on anything) and his primitive desire to kill on sight, even though he "don't really like that (killing)". He becomes a fan of blogging and the internet by Episode 456 and Homecoming.
"Republican Space Rangers!
Intergalactic war on terror, but don't worry 'bout colleteral damage or error!
'cause we're nuking hate, we're spreading freedom and liberty!
Sometimes we kill with undue glee (Oh, was that your home? Sorry!)
Gotta complete the mission!
Impossibly to die extraordinaire edition!
Spreading american values, sometimes you gotta bomb an orphanage or two!
Republican Space Rangeeeeeeeers!"
- Republican Space Rangers is a parody of modern American foreign policy, especially in Iraq. It also makes fun of American patriotism and the perceived superiority Americans have in the world.
- Their suits resemble MJOLNIR armor from the Halo series. Also, their ship gets caught by a Halo Ring-like object in the second episode. Also, the fact that Dick hero-worships Commander may be a reference to the popular Halo-based machinima series Red vs. Blue, in which the character Dick Simmons is seen as a "kiss-ass" toward Sarge, his Commander. One of their weapons also resembles the MA5B assault rifle used in Halo: Combat Evolved.
- Their spaceship is phallic in shape, continuing the tradition of phallic images appearing in GTA games. Also, the missiles fired from the ship are shaped like sperm. This is further referenced in Episode 456, where Dick and Commander are fired out the front, Dick yelling: "I'm goin' out like I began!"
- President Zane's head is shaped like a scrotum, while his wife's face is shaped like a vagina.
- Johnny Klebitz insults Malc on how his gang dresses, quipping that they dress like the Republican Space Rangers.
- Pißwasser was mentioned in the first episode as "generous donations."
- The hovering robot that boards the RSR's ship in the episode "Homecoming" has a striking resemblance to a Probe Droid from the Star Wars series, and also bears a resemblance to the Mister Handy model featured in the Fallout 3 and New Vegas video games.
- The sound that the RSR's ship makes when starting up has the same sound effect as the Medigun from the game Team Fortress 2.
- In episode 1, the trio arrives at Fort Flaccid, flaccid being a term for an unerect penis.
- In episode 456, when Butch is talking to the alien outside of the ship, he refers to the other two rangers as "Butch and the Commander", when he should have said "Dick and the Commander". This might be a testament to his stupidity, or a simple mistake by the voice actor.
- In Episode 456, the alien that Butch leaves Dick and The Commander for says "life is complicated", to which Butch replies "I know, I saw the commercial" may reference the teaser trailer for Grand Theft Auto IV as Niko's commentary opens with this line.
- In Homecoming, Dick states that his favorite beer is Patriot Beer, however, empty Pißwasser beer bottles are seen near him in the shooting scene.
- In Homecoming, the Commander suggests a password to start up the ship, "Clown's Pocket", but it doesn't work. This is also the name of a casino in Las Venturas, as well as a crude term for a slack vagina.
- The rangers never take off their armor, even when they sleep.
- Interestingly, the amount of "Kill Count" stickers on Butch's and Commander's guns increased as of Episodes 456 and Homecoming.
- The ship's shield appears to resemble a condom.
- In GTA V, there will be a pedestrian dressed as one of the rangers, who is filling in at a convention.