|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Nothing says ‘team building exercise’ like bringing your buddy back into the game by shooting some opposing chump in the back of the head. But that means there’s only one way to get ahead in the new Resurrection Adversary Mode: until you’ve wiped them out, they can always come back. "
- ―Rockstar Newswire description
- "Like every war, it's a numbers game. Exterminate the enemy team to claim a point, but remember: they can revive their fallen teammates by killing one of yours. Simple: if you don't play the odds, you don't stand a chance."
- ―Job Description
Two teams, with up to eight players are placed against each other at seven locations where they fight until all players on the opposing team are wiped out.
With only one life, players are required to kill the opponents. If a player dies, they will remain as a spectator until a teammate kills another player on the opposing team, resurrecting the teammate. While spectating, players have a full view of the area from a top-down perspective and can see both teammates, and enemies, until they are resurrected.
The bottom right corner of the HUD displays portraits of all players, and the amount of points each team has scored. If a player dies, their portrait will be marked by a red X. The round ends once a team reaches the set point target or time runs out. If time runs out and both teams have the same amount of points, Sudden Death will be triggered. During Sudden Death, the game turns into a Last Team Standing - all players have one life with no ability to resurrect. The last team standing will be the winner. If no winner is decided during Sudden Death, the winner will be selected based on the amount of teammates alive.
All players are equipped with a Pistol, Assault Rifle, SMG, Pump Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, and a Super Heavy Armor by default. They are free to pick up any weapons and items found around the area such as the Assault Shotgun, Special Carbine, or the Heavy Sniper, depending on the location.
Each player is dressed up in a military outfit consisting of items such as the Heavy Utility Vest (without an increased health function), Bigness masks, Body Armor, or Combat Sweaters.
- Adversary Mode added to the game with payout increased by 25% during Resurrection Event Week (March 28, 2017 - April 5, 2017).
There are seven Resurrection missions in GTA Online, each one at a different location. They are as follows:
|Resurrection I: Takes place at the Railyard in Cypress Flats, Los Santos.|
|Resurrection II: Takes place at the USS Luxington ATT-16, Pacific Ocean.|
|Resurrection III: Takes place at the trailer park in RON Alternates Wind Farm, Blaine County.|
|Resurrection IV: Takes place at a farmyard in Grapeseed, Blaine County.|
|Resurrection V: Takes place at Elysian Island, Los Santos.|
|Resurrection VI: Takes place at the Stoner Cement Works, Harmony.|
|Resurrection VII: Takes place at Galilee, Alamo Sea.|
- Mistakenly, the Adversary Mode is classified as a Versus Mission on Rockstar Games Social Club. The same issue is present on two Till Death Do Us Part maps, Till Death Do Us Part VI and Till Death Do Us Part VII.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Official Source: Pegassi Infernus Classic & Resurrection Mode Now Available in GTA Online. Rockstar Newswire (March 28, 2017).
- ↑ Mission: Resurrection I - Rockstar Games Social Club
- ↑ Mission: Resurrection II - Rockstar Games Social Club
- ↑ Mission: Resurrection III - Rockstar Games Social Club
- ↑ Mission: Resurrection IV - Rockstar Games Social Club
- ↑ Mission: Resurrection V - Rockstar Games Social Club
- ↑ Mission: Resurrection VI - Rockstar Games Social Club
- ↑ Mission: Resurrection VII - Rockstar Games Social Club