Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It takes the form of a Marlin Model 336. Hitting the aim button with this won't invoke an auto-target reticule, but instead skips straight to a free-aim mode. Its per-bullet damage rate is behind only to the sniper rifle, minigun, and desert eagle (at Gangster level and up), however, given its lack of a lock-on feature and slow reloading, it's not a good choice for beginners, but it does earn its keep in the hands of a decent marksman.
In The Truth's mission Body Harvest, Carl Johnson needs to rob a Combine Harvester from The Farm, just north of The Truth's farm in Leafy Hollow. The survivalists will start shooting Carl with rifles and attacking with shovels.
- Mulholland, Los Santos - Beside the pool in the rear of a house west of the Mulholland Safehouse. Said house is the one closest to a very high bridge.
- Back o' Beyond, Flint County - On a rock formation.
- Foster Valley, San Fierro - Near the southwest corner of Corvin Stadium. However it is unreachable as the rifle spawns behind the Corvin Stadium walls. See picture below.
- Available to buy at any Ammu-Nation store for $1,000 upon completion of Body Harvest.
- The Rifle has three weapon skills defined in the game's files, however only one is used in the game. But if the player uses the "Max Weapon Stats" cheat, a notification will say "Rifle - Hitman level reached."
- Many players had mistaken this rifle as an air rifle rather than firearm, possibly due to the quieter noise it makes.
- The rifle lacks the cocking animation. Instead, a cocking sound is played and the shooter just stands still until it's ready to fire again. And, no shells are ejected in each "cock".
- In GTA San Andreas, there is a glitch where if the player presses the aim button and then enters a motorcycle, the close-up aim view stays on, and the gray reticle stays in place in the middle of the screen. Exiting the motorcycle makes the view go back to normal.
- In the game's internal files, the Rifle is called "cuntgun". It may be a sexual joke, which is part of Rockstar's tradition or a possible misspelling.
- Interestingly, the Rifle cannot be aimed in first person view, but it is possible on the mobile version by tapping the target button.