- "The clocks ticking and the wiring is messed up. One pot hole too many and that thing could blow. Now move it!"
Rigged to Blow is a mission in Grand Theft Auto III given to protagonist Claude by Red Jacks leader D-Ice from a public phone booth in the Wichita Gardens district of Shoreside Vale, Liberty City. If the player has completed Rumble prior, this mission becomes the only repeatable mission the player will received from D-Ice.
D-Ice's Infernus is rigged with a timed explosive. He instructs Claude to drive the car to a garage in Saint Mark's, Portland Island to defuse the bomb. The bomb is sensitive, so too much damage to the car will detonate the bomb. After the bomb has been diffused, the car is returned in perfect condition to the original parking spot.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in D-Ice's car
- Get to the garage but watch out if the car takes too much damage it will blow
- Take the car back it has to be in perfect condition - no damage
- Get out of the vehicle
- Surprisingly enough the Leone Family is not violent towards Claude in this mission even if he gets out of the Infernus. This is probably due to the fact that they carry shotguns and uzis at this point in the game and will attack the player if seen on their turf. They have almost perfect accuracy and one shotgun shot or many shots from an uzi would cause the car to explode, thus making the mission impossible to pass. The other gangs are also not hostile towards the player for that reason.
- Staunton Island doesn't need to be accessed in this mission making this the only mission that doesn't require the player to access Staunton Island to get from Shoreside Vale to Portland (although the player has the option to venture through Staunton Island.
- If the player damages the Infernus he has to repair it, though he won't be able to do that using of his safehouses' garages (he may park the vehicle inside the garage, but the car will remain damaged).
- Another mission called Rigged To Blow appears in Grand Theft Auto IV, given to Niko Bellic by Mikhail Faustin.
|PS2 Version||PC Version|