- "Some effa bass wired my wheels to blow. If I lose those wheels, my rep on the street will be dead. Pick up my car and take it to the garage on Saint Mark's. Let them diffuse that. Let them take care of that bomb. The clock's ticking and the wiring is messed up. One pot hole too many and that thing could blow. Now move it!"
- ― D-Ice
Rigged to Blow is a mission in Grand Theft Auto III given to protagonist Claude by Red Jacks leader D-Ice from a public phone booth in the Wichita Gardens district of Shoreside Vale, Liberty City. If the player has completed Rumble prior, this mission becomes the only repeatable mission the player will received from D-Ice.
D-Ice's Infernus is rigged with a timed explosive. He instructs Claude to drive the car to a garage in Saint Mark's, Portland Island to defuse the bomb. The bomb is sensitive, so too much damage to the car will detonate the bomb. After the bomb has been diffused, the car is returned in perfect condition to the original parking spot.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in D-Ice's car
- Get to the garage but watch out if the car takes too much damage it will blow
- Take the car back it has to be in perfect condition - no damage
- Get out of the vehicle
- While playing this mission, all of the gangs in the game are set to be neutral against Claude, which includes Leone Family and the Colombian Cartel. This may have been done in order to give the player a fair chance as the Infernus is fragile and can blow up after a few bullets or bumps.
- Similar to Turismo and Bling-Bling Scramble, this mission can always be repeated once all of D-Ice's missions are completed. The reason for this is most likely to give the player an opportunity to explore Liberty City without worrying about hostile gangs late in the game.
- Staunton Island doesn't need to be accessed in this mission making this the only mission that doesn't require the player to access Staunton Island to get from Shoreside Vale to Portland (although the player has the option to venture through Staunton Island).
- If the player damages the Infernus he has to repair it, though he won't be able to do that using of his safehouses' garages (he may park the vehicle inside the garage, but the car will remain damaged).
- Another mission called Rigged To Blow appears in Grand Theft Auto IV, given to Niko Bellic by Mikhail Faustin.