|This article needs more images of:|
Rear quarter image and better front view image of VCS Rio.
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
Like the Marquis, the Rio features a bermuda rig, but does not utilize it for propulsion (relying instead on its on-board motor) and lacks a headsail. In addition, the Rio is comparably shorter in height and length than the Marquis, but shares the Marquis' trait of an additional living space directly under the mast. The Rio also features a canopy over the boat's controls, and includes a back-mounted fan which purpose is unspecified, possibly for reading of wind speed/direction.
Version History Gallery
The Rio's size, together with its dependence on a small motor, makes steering of the Rio difficult and contributes to its slow speed, similar to the Marquis' performance. These shortcomings are downplayed in the Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories rendition, with better maneuverability.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
- Phnom Penh '86 - One spawns south of Leaf Links, only during the mission.
- All Hands On Deck - The French use this boat to attack on water and block the yatch's patch.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Located at the Ocean Bay Marina south of the Ocean View Hospital in Ocean Beach, Vice City.
- Located at the pier at the north of Starfish Island, Vice City.
- Located at the pier at the VIP Terminal at Escobar International Airport, Vice City.
- Used in The Mugshot Longshot by Jerry Martinez and a DEA agent, given by Lance Vance.
- Rio means "River" in Spanish and Portuguese.
- The Rio's name may be a reference to the Duran Duran song "Rio" and its famous music video, which features the band on a sailing yacht at sea and is widely regarded as symbolic of 1980s glamour and excess (themes Vice City extensively parodies). However, the actual yacht used in the video is mono-hulled rather than a catamaran, appearing more similar to the Marquis.
- It was meant to appear in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, but was cut from the final game.