|This article needs more images of:|
Rear quarter images for all renditions.
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
Like the Marquis, the Rio features a bermuda rig, but does not utilize it for propulsion (relying instead on its on-board motor) and lacks a headsail. In addition, the Rio is comparably shorter in height and length than the Marquis, but shares the Marquis' trait of an additional living space directly under the mast. The Rio also features a canopy over the boat's controls, and includes a back-mounted fan which purpose is unspecified, possibly for reading of wind speed/direction.
Version History Gallery
The Rio's size, together with its dependence on a small motor, makes steering of the Rio difficult and contributes to its slow speed, similar to the Marquis' performance. These shortcomings are downplayed in the Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories rendition, with better maneuverability.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
- Phnom Penh '86 - One spawns south of Leaf Links, only during the mission.
- All Hands On Deck - The French use this boat to attack on water and block the yatch's patch.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Located at the Ocean Bay Marina south of the Ocean View Hospital in Ocean Beach, Vice City.
- Located at the pier at the north of Starfish Island, Vice City.
- Located at the pier at the VIP Terminal at Escobar International Airport, Vice City.
- Used in The Mugshot Longshot by Jerry Martinez and a DEA agent, given by Lance Vance.
- Rio means "River" in Spanish and Portuguese.
- The Rio's name may be a reference to the Duran Duran song "Rio" and its famous music video, which features the band on a sailing yacht at sea and is widely regarded as symbolic of 1980s glamour and excess (themes Vice City extensively parodies). However, the actual yacht used in the video is mono-hulled rather than a catamaran, appearing more similar to the Marquis.
- It was meant to appear in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, but was cut from the final game.