Rise FM plays Progressive Trance. In GTA III, the playlist is presented as a continuous liveset which is being played and broadcast live from a nightclub called The Planetarium. In GTA Liberty City Stories, the station is also non-stop, but plays commercials at the end of the music loop until it repeats again. Rise FM is one of the Colombian Cartel's favorite radio stations in GTA III, as this station will most likely be heard if the player jacked a Cartel Cruiser. It is hosted by Andre the Accelerator (voiced by "Andre") in Grand Theft Auto III, and by Boy Sanchez (Oliver Vuquer) in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.
Grand Theft Auto III Playlist
The GTA III version of Rise FM plays Progressive Trance, UK Garage and Dance music, and has no commericals.
- Chris Walsh & Dave Beran - "Shake" (Revolt Clogrock remix)
- Shiver - "Deep Time" (2001)
- R.R.D.S - "Innerbattle" (2001)
- Slyder - "Score" (original mix) (2000)
- Slyder - "Neo (The One)" (2001)
- Chris Walsh - "Shake" (end nix) (2000)
The songs were mixed by Terry Donovan.
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories Playlist
The GTA LCS version of Rise FM playes House/Dance music, and this version plays commericals.
- Moloko - "Sing it Back" (Boris musical mix) (1998)
- Ultra Naté - "Free" (1997)
- Happy Clappers - "I Believe" (1994)
- Eddie Amador - "House Music" (1998)
- Kristine W - "Feel What You Want" (1996)
- De'Lacy - "Hideaway" (Deep Dish vocal remix) (1995)
- Sneaker Pimps - "Spin Spin Sugar" (Armand's dark garage mix) (1997)
- Jaydee - "Plastic Dream" (1992)
- Ron Trent - "Altered States" (1993)
- The Absolute featuring Suzanne Palmer - "There Will Come A Day" (half tab dub) (1995)
- Slam - "Positive Education" (1997)
- Green Velvet - "Flash" (1995)
- Robert Armani - "Circus Bells" (1993)
- Josh Wink - "Higher State of Consciousness" (1995)
- Rise FM is also the name of a real-life internet radio station which is owned and run by Denmark based Rise Future Media. It is also the name of a radio station based in Budapest, Hungary. However, neither are connected to the Grand Theft Auto series.
- Rise FM was left behind when remastering for the PC version of GTA III occurred. So all other stations have high quality, while Rise FM has PS2-ish quality. Differences between Rise and other stations are audible.
- Rise FM is also a real-life radio station in Budapest, Hungary. It plays top 20 electronic dance song remixes. Its radio station frequency is 98.9, and their website is here.