- "The Rocoto won't win any races, but it makes up for it with luxuries that soothe the soul of upper middle class middle-aged angst."
- ―Southern San Andreas Super Autos description.
The Rocoto is a luxury crossover SUV which inherits the role previously slotted by the Ubermacht Rebla in Grand Theft Auto IV (as the Rebla is absent in GTA V ). The car's design appears to be inspired by the German styling of both the first and second generation of the Porsche Cayenne, with a size similar to the Audi Q5 and Porsche Macan. The headlights and taillights are found from those of a second generation Volkswagen Touareg, but the number of taillights on the car seem to draw inspiration from the Mitsubishi Montero/Pajero/Shogun.
Current Design Gallery
The Rocoto is a good alternative to the more popular SUVs in the game. It has a great balance between off-road and on-road performance. Like its real life counterparts, it has a powerful engine with high-speed transmission, it also features an AWD layout, which maximizes the potential for the vehicles terrain visits.
Compared to similar SUVs, such as the Baller, the ride is stiffer hence more responsive and can reach a higher top speed. On the other hand, acceleration is somewhat average and its braking is among the worst in its class. If you are looking for a sporty and uncommon SUV, this is a great option. On the downside, the ability to resist damage is poor, as after a few hard-on collisions, it's somewhat common for one of the front wheels to camber and jam into the fenders.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||139 / 224||
2400 / 5291
Mass cannot be observed.
Grand Theft Auto V
|Type||Upgrade||Cost (Story)||Cost (Online)|
|Armor||Armor Upgrade 20%||$1,250||$5,250|
|Armor Upgrade 40%||$3,125||$8,750|
|Armor Upgrade 60%||$5,000||$14,000|
|Armor Upgrade 80%||$8,750||$24,500|
|Armor Upgrade 100%||$12,500||$35,000|
|Engine||EMS Upgrade, Level 1||$2,250||$4,500|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 2||$3,125||$6,250|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 3||$4,500||$9,000|
|EMS Upgrade, Level 4||$8,375||$16,750|
An unique dark red Rocoto can be found in the random event Car Robbery 2. Just recover the car from the carjacker and take the car away instead of returning it to the owner. It features Xenon lights, Deluxe wheels with bulletproof tires and 80% engine armor & brake upgrades. This is a good vehicle to acquire when the player needs a 4-door vehicle capable of speed and off-road usability, as well as a low-cost asset.
Grand Theft Auto V
- Can be bought for $85,000 from Southern San Andreas Super Autos.
- Can be obtained from a Car Theft random event near Los Santos International Airport.
- One may occasionally spawns in traffic in front of Michael's house, when loading up the game as Michael De Santa.
- Commonly spawns around Vinewood, Vinewood Hills, Rockford Hills, Richman, and Del Perro in northern Los Santos.
- In Grand Theft Auto Online, the Rocoto sells for $8,500 at Los Santos Customs.
- The name Rocoto is a type of pepper, parodying the Cayenne which is also named after a pepper.
- The default radio stations of the Rocoto are: FlyLo FM and Soulwax FM.
- There is a glitch where no matter what tint the rear window is, it won't be there if the player looks from the inside. This fixed as part of the Lowriders: Custom Classics update for the enhanced version.