- "We all know the FIB listen to our calls, read our emails, LifeInvader alerts, and Bleets, but it turns out they actually get some useful information as well. So useful, I will pay you heavily to get it back off them for me. Ambush the team, and bring their files to my place. You'll be rewarded."
|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of the GTA Wiki.|
This really needs a re-write to reflect current version with prior versions as "it used to work like this pre-patch" notes, rather then the other way around.
After the High Life Update
Following the update, the mission was changed, similar to Coveted.
Official patch notes
- 50% of FIB agents present at the start of the mission now have high accuracy.
- Additional FIB agents spawn as players attack the parking garage. The agents spawn in two waves of cars.
- After all the agents on foot in the parking lot and the first wave of agents in cars are killed, the mission will either progress in 30 seconds or require players to finish off all FIB agents.
- The FIB agent carrying the documents Martin wants now spawns in a vehicle as the mission progresses.
- Go to the parking lot.
- Take out the Professionals.
- Steal the documents.
- Deliver the documents to Madrazo's house.
- Shooting at the car will not make the agent flee, he will stay in the car even if it is on fire, which means one may destroy the document. A better way is going ahead of the car and shoot the driver to kill him.
- The garage must be cleared before the documents show on the radar and appear in game.
- Three vehicles appear after the garage is cleared - one in the alleyway, one on Vespucci Boulevard, and one on Adam's Apple Boulevard, at the front of the parking lot. The one at the front will have four enemies in it and they will run across the lot to try and kill the player, the same with the alleyway. An easy way to avoid this is to blow up the car in the alleyway and take cover from the enemies at another angle. The third car will drive away with the document along Vespucci Boulevard. If the player does not catch up, it will stop at Stoner Cement Works on Senora Road, near the Redwood Lights Track. There will be eight more Professionals in two cars and they have to be killed to retrieve the document, however the cars will not drive off.
- Performing melee attacks against FIB agents will result in alerting other enemies, resulting in reinforcements spawning, preventing players from easily completing the mission.
Bugs Glitches and Exploits
- Sometimes, the agents could spawn on the top level of the parking building.
- Rooftop Rumble was at one point the highest-paying mission in GTA Online, with Stocks and Scares and Base Invaders with similar payouts.
- Players were, at first, able to just destroy the documents and still get the full payout. However, this was patched to give the mission more of a challenge and to prevent exploitation of the bug for easy RP and money.
- Prior to the High Life Update, destroying the document requested by Madrazo resulted in a mission failure screen, stating, "A Professional was killed," despite the fact that killing and clearing out an entire garage full of Professionals is a primary objective.
- The payment has been significantly changed after the San Andreas Flight School Update. The average time to complete the job can result in a reduction but its maximum payout has been increased as shown in the mission payouts table.
- From March 24-27, 2014, Rooftop Rumble was not available to play in Grand Theft Auto Online with Rockstar citing that they were fixing "an issue" with the mission.
- The FIB agent with the documents will be fired upon by the Professionals at the Stoner Cement Works when the Professionals there attack the player, probably due to a glitch in the AI.
- The player can choose to keep one of the two the FIB SUVs parked in the lot after completing the mission. It will still be driven by the player after the mission is done, but cannot be stored.
- One of the Professionals talks about company secrets during the mission, implying that he is getting questions from one of the FIB invading his privacy regarding his company.
- ↑ http://www.rockstargames.com/search/?q=Rooftop%20Rumble&tab=articles&sort=__searchScore&page=1 March 25 2014 Question: I checked through my bookmarked missions in GTA Online, and Rooftop Rumble is not in the list. What happened to this mission? Answer: We are currently working on fixing an issue with Rooftop Rumble, and expect it to be available again within the next week. Apologies for any inconvenience. If you would like to receive an automatic email whenever there are updates to this page, please log…