|This article needs more images of:|
Badges (Design Gallery)
You can help by adding some relevant images or discussing changes on the talk page.
- "Party like it's the Prohibition era in this armored 1920s limousine. Perfect for a gangster and his moll on their first date or their last. Let the Valentine's Day massacres commence."
- ―Legendary Motorsport webpage.
It is based on the custom 1928 Cadillac 341A Town Sedan owned by the infamous mobster Al Capone, along with elements from the Cadillac 341B. Unlike the real car, the Roosevelt has no suicide doors. The Newswire states that, similar to the real car, the Roosevelt is armored. The front grille sports the Albany logo and protects the radiator. There are four Drum headlights closely installed together in front of the grille. Two are large main beams with metal mesh covers, the other two are smaller fog lamps. In addition, two spotlights are mounted where mirrors would normally be. They are usable with the secondary headlight option. The hood has a chrome, cross-shaped trim and opens vertically to reveal a carbureted V12 engine coupled to a 5-speed transmission.
Interior wise, it is unique, well detailed and appropriate for its era. It has two classically upholstered bench seats. The dashboard has multiple brass dials, but seems to mistakenly have a steering wheel that would match to a car from the 1950s and 1960s. There are two spare wheels located on either side of the vehicle that are preserved in leather cases that are held with a pair of straps. Behind those are four small containers situated under the doors. There is a black luggage bag located at the rear, instead of a regular trunk and can not be opened.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto V
The Roosevelt drives smoothly, but is said to "handle like a boat." It is quite heavy, possibly owing to its thick armor. It is powered by a massive 6-double barrel carburetor, single-cam V12 engine, which is capable of powering the vehicle up to relatively high speeds, although acceleration isn't as good. With its archaic suspension, spinning out is very likely at higher speeds, and oversteer may become an issue. Lowering the suspension may help prevent this since it will reduce body roll. It is quite durable and proves capable when off-roading. Its acceleration may suffer with more passengers.
Much like the Granger (and its law enforcement variants), players can ride on the sides of the vehicle, standing on the running boards. While doing so, they are able to use assault rifles and MGs, which are not normally available for use in any vehicle other than helicopters. However, as like any vehicle of this type, passengers hanging from the outside will fall off from harder collisions, scraping against surfaces or impacts from large heights.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(AWD / FWD / RWD)
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|20 Seconds (Website)||75 / 121 (Website)||
6 Liter V10 100hp (Website)
|12.4 seconds||65 / 105||
V12 w/ 6 Double Barrel Carburetors (In-game model)
Mass cannot be observed.
Modifications (GTA V)
|This article or section is Under Construction.|
|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
The Halloween Surprise Update included a heavily customised variant of the Roosevelt, named the Franken Stange.
The Be My Valentine Update includes a special, customizable variant of the Roosevelt, named Roosevelt Valor.
Grand Theft Auto V
The most commonly spawning version has no spare wheels, or trunk. Unfortunately it's already a rare vehicle.
- Available in all three characters garages (Original version).
- Has a chance of spawning at a parking lot in Backlot City (enhanced version). Look right when entering from the south-east corner gate, or south after entering from the center east gate.
- Rarely spawning in the garage at the 2848 Milton Road, Vinewood Hills (enhanced version only). It will have a random paintjob, wheels, suspension upgrade, and sometimes even the trunk at the back is missing.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Available on Legendary Motorsport for $750,000 as of GTA Online: Be My Valentine on all consoles, and previously available for the same price on the same website during the Valentine's Day Massacre Special.
- In terms of real life inspiration, the Roosevelt and its hot rod variation, the Fränken Stange, are the second oldest cars in the HD Universe (behind the Tractor), and followed by the Hotknife, Z-Type, Rat Loader and Duneloader.
- The car's name is a reference to Theodore Roosevelt and Franklin D. Roosevelt, the 26th and 32nd Presidents of the United States respectively. Franklin Roosevelt, according to a widely believed but disproved legend, made use of the armored limousine confiscated from Al Capone for protection after the attack on Pearl Harbor, before he could have his own armored vehicle. A vehicle named Roosevelt, named after Theodore Roosevelt and manufactured by the Marmon Motor Car Company between 1929 and 1930, also bears a resemblence to the in-game Roosevelt.
- The Roosevelt and its Valor variant both have a unique stock horn, which is an old Klaxon.
- Exhaust fumes are expelled at the left side of the back of the car even though the entire exhaust system is missing. This is likely an oversight.
- It has the same engine sound as the Voodoo.
- However, in the enhanced version, since the Voodoo's engine sound was changed, the Roosevelt's engine sound is now unique.
- The stock wheels are painted the same color as the car's primary color and have large drum brakes, which look black from the outside. Installing custom wheels will replace them with disc brakes.
- The Roosevelt has no default radio station. The radio will be switched off whenever the player enters the vehicle.
- The Roosevelt features the newer Albany logo. This probably means that it was the original logo back in the 1920s, was replaced by the 1970s and brought back for the 2000s (assuming it wasn't simply an oversight).
- Interestingly, the Alpha, another Albany vehicle, is branded with the old Albany logo, despite the Roosevelt pre-dating the Alpha by approximately 85 years.
- Its name in the files is "
btype", suggesting that it was meant to be a HD Universe rendition of the GTA 2 B-Type.
- Despite the Roosevelt being made unavailable for purchase after March 3, 2014, it is still possible to obtain it using hacking or certain glitches.
- In the music video for Appetite For Destruction by N.W.A., featured on West Coast Classics, the music group seem to drive around in the car that the Roosevelt resembles, even displaying Thompson SMGs, which in the game is the Gusenberg Sweeper, riding around in pinstripe suits and fedoras and even hanging on to the side of the car like you are able to in the game. The whole video seems to have '20s theme in general, as they later rob a bank and take off with the money.