- "Say goodnight, Mr. Diaz!"
- ―Lance's last words to Ricardo Diaz.
After Lance Vance attempted to kill Ricardo Diaz, Tommy and Lance need to kill him before he can attack them. They meet on the bridge to Starfish Island, with Lance providing Tommy with an M4 Carbine. They enter Diaz's Mansion and manage to shoot their way through the mansions gardens. They enter the mansion through the back door, next to an indoor pool, and shoot their way through the hallways. They eventually reach the main hall where Diaz is waiting, having spotted them entering his property through CCTV.
Diaz has eight guards as protection but they, along with Diaz himself, are killed. Diaz manages to crawl to the top of the stairs and claims to have trusted Tommy, before Tommy and Lance kill him.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Kill Diaz
- On the iPad version, a glitch may occur causing Lance to shoot Diaz during the cutscene where Diaz exits his office.
- If the player infiltrates the mansion via the roof, they will not encounter any guards until they reach the hall.
The reward for completing this mission is $50,000 and the missions Love Juice and Shakedown are unlocked. The player can now save their game at Diaz's mansion (now renamed the Vercetti Estate) and store vehicles in the garage aswell as being able to gain a six-star wanted level. 3 of the Chopper Checkpoint missions have been unlocked too, as well as more weapons at the Downtown Ammunation.
Post-mission phone calls
Phone Call 1
- Kent Paul: Tommy son, have I got a surprise for you, I'm down at the recording studios with some major artists. Why don't you pay us a visit? You know it makes sense, dontcha? See ya later.
Phone Call 2
- Sonny Forelli: Tommy, remember me?
- Tommy Vercetti: Hello, Sonny.
- Sonny Forelli: That's right, Sonny. We're old friends. You never write me, you never call. Don't you want to be friends no more?
- Tommy Vercetti: I've been busy trying to sort things out. You didn't give me a lot of support down here, Sonny.
- Sonny Forelli: Oh, my fault is it? Well, I've heard you been busy all right. Busy killing drug barons. Busy taking over. Don't forget about us, Tommy. 'cause I can assure you, I ain't forgetting about you.
- This is one of two missions (the other being The Job) to have a reward payout higher than the final mission.
- The mission is very similar to a scene in the cult classic film Scarface, which had a drug lord (Frank Lopez), who is similar to Diaz, gunned down by his former comrades after betraying them (Tony Montana, the protagonist and Manny Ribera, a close friend of Tony) in his headquarters, as his former comrades take over his crippled empire after his death.
- Following this mission, the Diaz gang will only be encountered in Rampages, as well as Firefighter and Vigilante missions.