- "What happens in the back, stays in the back. The No1 best-selling van among kidnappers and molesters for over 30 years."
- ―Southernsanandreassuperautos.com description.
- Grand Theft Auto III
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Grand Theft Auto Advance
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Grand Theft Auto Online
The Rumpo is an average-sized van capable of carrying four passengers (two in the front, two in the back). It is common and can be found in most areas in the cities in which it appears, but like all vans, it tends to be most common in industrial areas. It also has 2 small windows at the very rear of the vehicle. In GTA III and GTA Liberty City Stories, the van appears to be based on a first generation Dodge Ram Van with the side paneling of a Ford Van. A modified version of this van is used by the Southside Hoods gang.
From Grand Theft Auto: Vice City onwards, the Rumpo is very different, taking on the design originally sported by the Pony (see 'Naming confusion' section below). Rumpos typically sport a variety of company logos (eg. Final Build Construction). These Rumpos appear to resemble the first-generation Fiat Ducatos.
In Grand Theft Auto V, the Rumpo now resembles a Ford E-series with touches from the GM Van series. Strangely, despite being based on a Ford vehicle, it is built by Bravado when it should be more appropriately badged as a Vapid.
When originally introduced in GTA III, the Rumpo is fairly fast, but with average handling and a tendency to two-wheel and tip over under rough cornering.
GTA VC-San Andreas
The redesigned Rumpo in GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City Stories handles much like the smaller Pony, but is slightly slower and heavier (weighting at 1700 kg, 100 kg less than the GTA III and GTA Liberty City Stories renditions). Also, because of its height and stiff suspension it has a nasty tendency to jolt around and even tip on bumpy roads.
The Rumpo in GTA V has average acceleration compared to other vans, but can be modified with a turbocharger in Los Santos Customs to bring it on par with the Ambulance. The Rumpo is somewhat agile and can corner easily at low speeds. Durability is average. One advantage the Rumpo has, being based on the Ford E-Series, is its high ground clearance, allowing it to cover rough ground with ease.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / km/h)
(Capacity + Layout + Fuel)
AWD / FWD / RWD
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||130 / 209||
2500 / 5512
Mass cannot be observed.
Black RumpoIn GTA III, a unique all-black Rumpo (with black trims) appears during the "Under Surveillance" as a vehicle occupied by two targets which the player must kill. To acquire the van, the player must open fire at the vehicle at close range using a gun, forcing the occupants to exit the vehicle; if shot from a distance, the driver may use the van as a weapon to run over the player, making the act of retrieving the van more difficult. Once the targets are killed, the player may take control of the vehicle and save it in a garage after the mission is complete.
Red RumpoIn GTA Liberty City Stories, a unique all-red Rumpo, with red bumpers, appears during the mission "Bringing the House Down" as the van carrying explosives to be placed on the old subway tracks that runs under Fort Staunton. To acquire the van, simply complete the mission in the van. As long as you were in the van as you get out of the subway, you should be in it.
|Main Article: Campaign Rumpo|
Hoods Rumpo XL
|Main Article: Hoods Rumpo XL|
Hoods Rumpo XL is a gang variant of the Rumpo used by South Side Hoods.
Weazel News Rumpo
The News Rumpo has a Weazel News livery. The Newsvan can come in four colors: gray, dark gray, white or red. Unlike the San Andreas version, the News van in GTA V lacks a satellite dish. Since the Heists Update, the Rumpo may be customized at Los Santos Customs to feature this Weazel News livery as seen in the photos below.
In GTA III, the Rumpo chiefly resembles a Dodge Ram Van; in subsequent games, however, the Ram Van-derived vehicle is named Burrito. In GTA III, the Pony is a large van with an elevated roof; in GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas, the Rumpo inherited this design, and the Pony was given a new one.
- Near 8-Ball's bomb shop in Harwood.
- Parked near the northwest side of the Liberty City Sawmill in Callahan Point.
- Import/Export garage, Portland Harbor, after completing all vehicles on the list.
- A unique black Rumpo in the mission Under Surveillance.
GTA Vice City
- Parked between two buildings west of the Boatyard.
- Parked behind the Malibu Club.
- Common in Viceport, Little Havana and at Escobar International Airport.
GTA San Andreas
- Near the entrance of Hunter Quarry, which is located between Bone County and Las Venturas
- Can be found quite regularly around Ocean Docks
- Sometimes found at Regular Tom
- May sometimes spawn at Jay's Diner in Tierra Robada, San Andreas
- Common in Bone County. Usually at the Sherman Dam and Fort Carson areas
GTA Liberty City Stories
- Outside 8-Ball's bomb shop in Harwood, Portland.
- Parked across the road from the police station in Portland View.
- In the car park for Liberty City Memorial Stadium, Staunton Island.
- In the car park for Francis International Airport, Shoreside Vale.
- Spawns regularly around Portland.
GTA Vice City Stories
- Commonly spotted in various districts within Vice City Mainland (Viceport, Little Havana, Little Haiti and Downtown).
- Spawns at a corner of the hotel construction site featured in a mission, Downtown.
- The Deludamol vans Trevor's mother requests him to steal are Rumpos. These can be found parked outside hospitals or medical centers.
- Occasionally spawns in traffic or parked.
- The Weazel News variant can be obtained at the end of Paparazzo - Reality Check.
- The Weazel News variant can be found parked in a driveway, next to a T-section located at South Mo Milton Drive, Vinewood Hills.
- At certain times of the day, it might spawn driving out of a factory/plant near the Vespucci Helipad. The same applies for the Pony and the Mule (although the Mule drives out opposite from the factory).
- Sometimes spawns parked outside of the Grove Street Garage. The same applies for the Mule.
- Occasionally spawns outside the liquor store opposite the entrance to the Sheriff's office in Paleto Bay.
- Spawns in random areas, Plain, and Weasel News livery.
- Often spawns at the Docs and in city areas.
- Can be bought for $13,000 from Southernsanandreassuperautos.com after the Heists Update.
- GTA San Andreas variations
- The GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, and GTA Vice City Stories renditions of the Rumpo feature a cosmetic glitch in which any Rumpo using a Pay 'n' Spray will emerge with its front bumper facing in the opposite direction, towards the rear. The problem can be remedied simply by parking the vehicle in a garage, leaving the garage so that its door shuts, then returning. This glitch is also present in GTA Vice City's Pony. The problem appears also if the player activates the vehicle repair cheat.
- The Rumpo, along with Burrito and Speedo, are the fastest vans throughout the series.
- Coincidentally, the word "Rumpo" is also very similar to the swedish word "rumpa", which means "butt".
- The Rumpo plays the following radio stations when entered:
- Rumpo is Latin for "I burst". It is also the name of a village in Estonia, as well as a slang term for sex.
- In Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition, the 11th race of the Big Playas in the 2nd laps a white Rumpo is seen.
- In GTA IV there's a Rumpo wreck, suggesting that the Rumpo was in the Beta.
GTA Chinatown Wars
- An unused Algonquin Triads drug burrito in GTA: Chinatown Wars has a tall roof just like that of the Rumpo.
- Before the Heists Update, in GTA V and GTA Online, if the player entered a Los Santos Customs garage with the Rumpo, its name would humorously appear as "Grotti Rumpo", although the Rumpo is made by Bravado.
- The modification options for the Rumpo were extremely limited in GTA Online until title update 1.11 where options for a tracker and insurance were made available. However, due to a lacking number of modifications, including performance upgrades, it is considered to be a worthless vehicle to be kept.
As of update 1.21 the Rumpo has limited performance modifications in singleplayer.
- Interestingly, along with the Paradise, it is the only Bravado to date that is not based on any Dodge vehicle, neither having any resemblance to existing Dodge models.
- In GTA Online, the Rumpo sells at $1,300 in Los Santos Customs.