|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "This fast-paced mash-up of Hunting Pack, Cross The Line and Offense Defense, feature a Panto-driving Runner. Aided by a team of Attackers, they must try to dodge their way through a determined line of Defenders and get to the end zone on the other side of the throughway."
- — Rockstar Newswire description.
- "The Runner tries to get across the line with the help of the Offense. The Defense does what they can to stop them."
- — Rockstar Games Social Club description.
Two teams square off from opposing sides of a roadway. The elusive Runner, behind the wheel of a Benefactor Panto, must go the distance and get across the end zone line at the far end of the highway within 2 minutes, with the help of their Offense teammates in BF Biftas. Meanwhile, their Defense opponents (also in Biftas) must ruthlessly block, crash and pummel their way to try to stop them.
The host player will be the initial Runner; If the number of rounds is at least two, the teams starting areas will be swapped in the next round. In addition, the role of the runner will be given to the player with highest rank.
When on Defense, it is a good idea to keep one Defender back to act as a Safety should the Runner break through to the second-level. Those forming the initial line of attack should work as a unit to cover as many gaps as possible. Player could even have all Defenders stay on the goal line, prevent-style. This does not give much room for error, but will give the most amount of time to coordinate the defense. A good tactic is to try to pin the Runner to the wall and apply the handbrake to ensure they cannot move. If the player is on Raton Canyon Bridge or La Mesa Bridge, they could even try to force the Runner off the side, out of the field of play, which results in an immediate win for the other side. Focusing on the Runner is imperative, try to ignore the offensive Blockers by pressing the focus button (Circle on PS4, B on Xbox One, R on PC) to hone in on the target.
The Offensive team need to coordinate together to protect their Runner and create opportunities for them to break through the defensive line. To do so, get teammate Blockers out in front of the Runner, similar to how a screen pass is setup in football. Make sure to go one to-one against the Defenders - doubling up will leave an extra Defender alone to attack the Runner. With the Runner hanging back slightly, they can wait for a spot to open up. While doing so, the Runner should remain in the center of the field of play - hugging the walls will narrow the chances of escape and increase the likelihood of being pinned. If, as the Runner, the player finds himself blocked, don't be afraid to backtrack and find a new line through the defense. Try to mix up the offensive play and surprise thw opponents with a new strategy each round, purposefully creating blocking lines to leave a clear path for the Runner.
|Running Back I takes place on Raton Canyon Bridge. Offensive team starts at north, defenders at south.|
|Running Back II takes place on La Mesa/Textile City Bridge. Offensive team starts at east, defenders at west.|
|Running Back III takes place on Fort Zancudo Tunnel. Offensive team starts at north, defenders at south.|
- The promotional picture for the game mode is a parody of a tactics board.
- ↑ New Running Back Adversary Mode in GTA Online Today. Rockstar Newswire (November 24, 2015).
- ↑ Rockstar Game Tips: Adversary Modes incl. Every Bullet Counts, Running Back, Slasher, Relay & Keep the Pace. Rockstar Newswire (November 14, 2015).