- For information about how the SFPD pursuit the player, see here.
The San Fierro Police Department (SFPD) is the law enforcement agency in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, servicing the city of San Fierro, and is a branch of the police agency servicing the entire state of San Andreas, the San Andreas Police Department.
The San Fierro Police Department is modeled after the San Francisco Police Department; while similar in appearance to Los Santos Police Department officers, SFPD officers are distinguishable by their black undershirt, a seven-point star-shaped badge, a second shield shaped arm badge (similar to that found on rural officers), and a mustache. The officers also shout encouraging, nurturing words like "The police are your friends, please stop!" or "I'm actually a social worker in this uniform!" to those they pursue owing to the liberal atmosphere of San Fierro, but they use the same deadly force as any other police department throughout San Andreas. It's entirely possible that they use these encouraging words to trick criminals into giving up. Some of them are also implied to be homosexuals, as indicated by lines like, "Wrestle me, honey!"
The major mode of transportation used by SFPD officers is the Police Car, which, despite both being based on the Premier, enjoys superior handling compared to that of the cruiser used by the Los Santos Police Department.
The SFPD HQ contains four floors; however, it is not accessible during normal gameplay and can only be entered via the hidden interiors universe.
- The San Fierro Police Department, like the Las Venturas Police Department, has the same initals as its real-life counterpart.
- Their police officers seem to also be social workers, as suggested by their dialogue.
- San Andreas Police Department
- Los Santos Police Department
- Las Venturas Police Department
- Rural Police