|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of the GTA Wiki.|
update and overhaul - that table is terrible.
Safehouses are buildings featured in Grand Theft Auto Online for the player to purchase and inhabit.
Safehouses can be purchased by the player via the Dynasty 8 website, or by interacting with property sale signs outside their respective buildings. They can only be purchased after the player has reached Rank 5. The majority of safehouses are located in Los Santos, however a select few, lower-end properties are available in Paleto Bay
Originally, the player was only able to own one safehouse, however, this limit was expanded upon in updates:
- After the High Life Update, a 2nd property can be purchased.
- After Festive Surprise, a 3rd can be purchased.
- After the Lowriders update, enhanced version players can own a 4th.
- After the Executives and Other Criminals update, enhanced version players can own a 5th.
- After the Bikers update, enhanced version players can own a 6th.
There are currently three tiers of purchasable safehouses; low-end, medium and high-end.
- Low-end apartments have a basic 1-level interior with relatively dirty, untidy interiors and basic furnishing and appliances. Low-end apartments also with 2-car garages.
- Medium apartments have slightly more appealing furniture and clean interiors. These are also 1-level. They come with 6-car garages.
- High-end apartments are more similar to that of Franklin's house, with modern furnishing and colorful decorations. They are 2-level apartments and come with 10-car garages.
- An alternative version of the high-end interior was made available with the High Life Update. This interior is slightly more traditional while retaining modern features. The layout is also different. These interiors are available in all of the original high-end apartment blocks, but with new apartment numbers.
- Two new high-end interior were added in the Executives and Other Criminals update for the enhanced version. A 3-story model for the Stilt Houses in Vinewood Hills was included with numerous interior themes, and a new high-end model for three new Pent Houses available only at Eclipse Towers.
Interiors feature plenty of activities and interactions to engage in:
- Watching television (including entrance and garage security cameras and viewing other players).
- Changing clothes in the closet.
- Taking showers in the bathroom (which can be used to wash the character's blood away from their bodies after a gunfight).
- Sleeping on the bed - time will not be advanced.
- Browsing the Internet on computers.
- Calling in strippers after getting their number from the Vanilla Unicorn.
- Drinking any of the available drinks (wine (beer in lower end apartments), whiskey, and green juice (which restores health).
- Smoking from bongs (may not be present in medium apartemnts).
- Looking through the telescope (if the house has one).
- Inviting friends over to hang out.
- Starting a Heist (high-end apartments only)
|This article or section is Under Construction.|
There are 22 different interiors for safehouses that vary depending on the capacity of their garage.
|House tier||Image||Garage capacity||Description||Price range (Cheapest to most expensive)||Houses / Locations and prices|
||A small ghetto-style house, with cheap furniture and low lighting. Features a medium living room with an open kitchen and a small messy bedroom and bathroom. Doesn't feature any sort of window view. Uses some assets from the Clinton residence.||$80,000 to $121,000||
||Medium sized house, with slightly better furniture and lighting compared to the low-end safehouse. Features a medium bedroom and living room with an open kitchen and a small bathroom. Also doesn't feature any sort of window view. Uses some assets from Floyd's Apartment.||$128,000 to $175,000||
||Large open space apartment, with modern decorations and good lighting. Features a big living room with an open kitchen, a big bedroom and a medium bathroom. Also has a separate division for the closet and a small studio near the entrance. Includes a large panoramic window view that allows the player to see the surrounding world. Uses some assets from Franklin's house at 3671 Whispymound Drive.||$200,000 to $400,000||
||Added in the High Life update, a medium-large apartment, slightly less lighting and open space than the other top tier one, but still as luxurious in decoration. Features a slightly smaller living room and kitchen but a larger entrance hallway. Uses some assets from Franklin's house at 3671 Whispymound Drive, and Floyd's Apartment. The bathroom and the closet are the same as that of the first high-end interiors.||$468,000 to $500,000|
|High-End Custom: Modern||
||Added in Executives and Other Criminals Update.||$985,000 to $1,100,000 and $280,000 for changing the interior||
|High-End Custom: Moody||
||Added in Executives and Other Criminals Update.||$985,000 to $1,100,000 and $235,000 for changing the interior||
|High-End Custom: Vibrant||
||Added in Executives and Other Criminals Update.||$985,000 to $1,100,000 and $220,000 for changing the interior||
|High-End Custom: Sharp||
||Added in Executives and Other Criminals Update.||$985,000 to $1,100,000 and $325.000 for changing the interior||
|High-End Custom: Monochrome||
||Added in Executives and Other Criminals Update.||$985,000 to $1,100,000 and $295,000 for changing the interior||
|High-End Custom: Seductive||
||Added in Executives and Other Criminals Update.||$985,000 to $1,100,000 and $250,000 for changing the interior||
|High-End Custom: Regal||
||Added in Executives and Other Criminals Update.||$985,000 to $1,100,000 and $260,000 for changing the interior||
|High-End Custom: Aqua||
||Added in Executives and Other Criminals Update.||$985,000 to $1,100,000 and $310,000 for changing the interior||
|Stilt House 1||
||Added in Executives and Other Criminals Update.||$449,000 to $727,000||
|Stilt House 2||
||Added in Executives and Other Criminals Update.||$672,000 to $800,000||
High-end (First style)
High-end (Second style, High Life Update)
- While inside a safehouse, players cannot draw their weapons, probably to prevent harm to the visitors and hosts.
- Before patch 1.07, players weren't able to run inside of interiors.
- Players aren't able to shower if there is more than one player inside the bathroom at the time. When a player showers, the bathroom door is locked until the shower stops.
- If a player manages to be inside the bathroom at the same time as another player is showering, he will find that the other player is showering in underwear and flip flops.
- Occasionally, random pedestrians may spawn inside the player's safehouse, interacting with props that aren't there. They exhibit strange behavior; they may begin walking against a wall or piece of furniture, as if they don't see that it is there. A common occurrence is a pedestrian sitting at a desk typing on a computer. If the player bumps into the pedestrian, they may become hostile and try to kill the player.
- Due to the fact that weapons cannot be wielded in safehouses, players will be unable to fight back.
- During the Festive Surprise, Christmas trees were added to all houses and apartments for a limited time. They also had wrapped presents under them (which cannot be opened).
- As later discovered in the PC release, a new 10-car garage was supposed to be added in the High Life update, probably alongside the new apartments. It was, however, scrapped before the release of the update.
- In an interview with IGN, shortly after the release of the Freemode Events Update, Rockstar stated that they are working on apartment customization.
- This feature was later added in GTA Online: Executives and Other Criminals.