Safehouses (also known as properties) are buildings featured in Grand Theft Auto Online for the player to purchase and inhabit. They can be used as a place to sleep, shower, watch TV, hang out with friends and more.
DescriptionSimilar to GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas, safehouses can be purchased by the player. They are mostly found in the eastern area of Los Santos and can be bought either on spot or by the in-game Dynasty 8 website, where all available houses are listed. Currently, each online character can only own one house (or one individual garage), yet, in the upcoming High Life Update, players will be able to own a second property. Said update is also stated to bring "new high-end apartment options", which might imply the ability to customize safehouses, as also suggested by a screenshot that displays a differently decorated version of an existing apartment.
When purchased, houses can be either accessed by the front door or by their garage. They can also be set as spawn points for when the player enters Online. While the appearance of interiors varies depending on the garage capacity (see interiors for more information), as standard all houses are equipped with a television, computer, multiple drinks on the kitchen, a bed, radio, shower enclosures, and closets. Safehouses with 10-car garages also include a telescope.
Multiple activities can be performed while in safehouses, including:
- Watching television (Including entrance and garage security cameras)
- Changing clothes in the closet
- Taking showers in the bathroom (Which can be used to wash the character's blood away from his/her clothes after a gunfight)
- Sleep on the bed
- Browsing the internet on the computer
- Calling in strippers after getting their number from the Vanilla Unicorn
- Drinking any of the available drinks
- Smoking on bongs
- Looking through the telescope (If the house has one)
- Inviting friends over to hang out
There are three different interiors for safehouses that vary depending on the capacity of their garage.
|Image||Garage capacity||Description||Price range (Cheapest to most expensive)||Houses / Locations|
||A small ghetto-style house, with cheap furniture and low lighting. Features a medium living room with an open kitchen and a small messy bedroom and bathroom. Doesn't feature any sort of window view. Uses some assets from the Clinton residence.||$80,000 to $150,000||
||Medium sized house, with slightly better furniture and better lighting. Features a medium bedroom and living room with an open kitchen and a small bathroom. Also doesn't feature any sort of window view. Uses some assets from Floyd's Apartment.||$128,000 to $150,000||
||Large open space apartment, with a modern decoration and good lighting. Features a big living room with an open kitchen, a big bedroom and a medium bathroom. Also has a seperate division for the closet and a small studio near the entrance. Includes a large panoramic window view that allows the player to see the surrounding world. Uses some assets from Franklin's house in 3671 Whispymound Drive.||$200,000 to $400,000||
- While inside an apartment, players cannot draw their weapons, possibly to prevent harm to visitors. They are now able to run inside as of patch 1.07.
- Players aren't able to shower if there is more than one player inside the bathroom at the time. When a player showers, the bathroom door is locked until the shower stops. Players also shower while wearing underwear.
- Strangely, sometimes in a 10 car garage, only 9 out of 10 land vehicles can be stored.