- Kenny: "I'm sorry Huang, you were never supposed to find out- please understand, I had no choice... I'm a good man put in a difficult situation by a cruel fate."
- Huang: "Choice? I swore on my father's grave I would kill the man responsible for his death ...do I have a choice now?"
- ―Kenny Lee revealing his reason to Huang Lee
Huang Lee and Wade Heston drive to the deal where it is said that Huang will find out who stole his father's sword. Once he arrives, he learns that his uncle, Wu Lee stole the sword and murdered his father. Kenny tries to explain, but Huang has none of it. Then LCPD, IAD and FIB agents show up, and Kenny, Huang and Wade are forced to make a hasty retreat.
Huang chases Kenny through the desalination plant, killing many of his goons on the way, followed by a boat chase, pursuing Kenny and killing more goons. Upon reaching the shore, it becomes a car chase, until Kenny stops in front of Hsin Jaoming's penthouse, triggering a cutscene in a room with a fountain in the middle.
Kenny reveals that the reason for him to kill his own brother, was because Hsin ordered him to take the sword from Huang's father, and in return, Kenny would become the next head of the Triad. Kenny knew that by doing that he would probably still lose the position to Hsin's son, Chan. So, instead of that, he killed his brother, stole the sword and later became a fed rat and had Chan and Zhou be murdered by Huang using false files in the FIB mainframe, so he could be the only one in line to be the next Triad boss.
Hsin demands the Yu Jian back, and Kenny responds by stabbing him. Huang challenges Kenny, and they fight. Once Wu Lee is killed, the LCPD arrive and threaten to arrest everyone. Heston yells at them that this was his bust, and to arrest everyone except Huang. Hsin was arrested and sentenced for an unknown period of time and Huang is desolated for everything that happened.
Drive to the meet with Heston. Arriving at the location, Huang discovers Kenny's conspiracy and the authorities show up. A shootout ensues between the authorities and Wu's goons. They are easy to kill, though it is not required to be involved in it. Chase Kenny through the industrial park but Kenny is not leaving until the player does. The goons are armed with assault rifles, kill them and grab the health and armor nearby. Don't rush too quick, and only grab the health and armor if necessary.
Soon after, a goon with a rocket launcher will appear. Take cover, and if the player is equipped with a rocket launcher, it is easiest to blast him with it, or the player can use the walls to gain cover and finish him up with a molotov cocktail. At the end, Wu Lee jumps into a boat, so Wade steals a Cruiser with Huang riding shotgun armed with a minigun. Chase him through the waters, killing several of his goons. They will soon reach land where Kenny grabs a car and speeds off. Do the same.
Make sure to stick with him - he goes fast. Actually, not to hurry, average to up speed will do the job, and both cars are the same. But beware the four-star wanted level, do drive-bys to the cops around or they might blast the player's car. Also beware the NOOSE Enforcers, they crash into the vehicle, lowering the player's speed drastically, making way for cops who may arrest Huang.
Kenny finally stops at Hsin Jaoming's house where Huang enters his home to a very angry Wu Lee blaming Hsin for this. Hsin denies it, and demands for the Yu Jian. Kenny responds, "You want it? HERE!" and stabs Hsin with the sword. He then addresses his nephew and Huang is determined to see the end of the man who killed his father - even if it is his own uncle. Wu will then attempt to kill Huang, still with the sword.
When Kenny is dead, the LCPD and FIB show up again to arrest everyone, thankfully Wade Heston steps in and says that this was his bust (multiple times due to law enforcement agencies arriving one by one), and to arrest everyone, except Huang.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Drive to the meeting place.
- Don't let Kenny escape.
- Chase after Kenny and protect Heston.
- Dodge the rockets and take out the guard.
- Find a way out of the plant and protect Heston.
- Check on Heston.
- Stop the guards from reaching Heston.
- Chase after Kenny.
- Kenny's escaping. Get to the next jetty.
- Use the mounted gun to keep Kenny's guards off your back.
- Go after Kenny.
- Take out Kenny to avenge your father.
Bugs and Glitches
- Sometimes if Huang dies during the mission, it will not be failed and players may die as many times as they want, and the mission does not fail. However, since the entrance cannot be vaulted over and now they do not open, Huang is unable to enter the desalination plant and proceed the mission.
Mission Replay Description
"Kenny was behind everything: all so he could take over the Triads in Liberty City.
Though, it was Hsin's prompting that pushed him into it.
It's over now ... I think I won ... it just feels like I lost - and I still didn't get laid. This city sucks."
|Salt in the Wound|
|Salt in the Wound|
- The boat chase in this mission resembles that of The Sicilian Gambit from Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, as the player utilizes a minigun and faces a large number of gunmen. Both chases are also part of the final mission of their respective game.
- This is the only game in the series where the antagonist is formally introduced in the final mission.
- In the mission replay, it's significantly harder because only an Assault Rifle and a Micro SMG is provided.
- Despite the mission replay icon showing Huang with a Minigun and Kenny with a Pistol, in-game, Huang does not carry the gun once he and Heston left the ship, and Kenny only has the Sword.
- Despite the cutscene showing a I.A.D officer with a shotgun, when the cutscene ends, the officer is shown with a pistol.