San Andreas is the state and location in which the player can explore in Grand Theft Auto V, being a sequel to its GTA SA rendition. The state exists formerly of two counties, Los Santos County, Blaine County, the city of Los Santos, and the towns of Paleto, Chumash, Sandy Shores and Grapeseed.
Grand Theft Auto IV
There are numerous references to San Andreas in GTA IV. These include characters mentioning locations, TV shows, and radio, however it is hinting towards the GTA SA Rendition of San Andreas instead of the current.
As seen by character dialogues and internet sites, the city names Los Santos (including Vinewood), Red County, San Fierro and Las Venturas are still used, confirming that these locations exist in the Grand Theft Auto IV era, though it's possible that these cities, save Los Santos, are no longer a part of the State of San Andreas, and exist in the Grand Theft Auto IV era as standalone cities.
More information about the state is TBA on GTA V launch.
Grand Theft Auto IV
- As the name suggests, Venturas Poker Challenge takes place in Las Venturas, and shows footage of Prickle Pine, Old Venturas Strip, V-Rock Hotel, The High Roller, and Verdant Meadows.
- The show Patriot 500 depicts Carl Johnson driving a Hotring Racer around Los Santos International Airport.
- Many characters are born in either Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas.
- In multiplayer female face #2 says "This isn't San Andreas! DRIVE, hippy!" during races.
- The clothing line Enema is based in Los Santos.
- In the mission First Date after arriving at Firefly Island, Michelle might comment on how she thinks they are turning the amusement park into a Las Venturas themed park.
- During the mission Meltdown where you have to chase Luca and his crew, the initial cutscene before Luca drives off he says "next stop, Las Venturas baby!"
In Grand Theft Auto IV, the stats can say "miles traveled from Liberty City to Los Santos". In The Ballad of Gay Tony, it says "miles traveled from Liberty City to Las Venturas". Also, when you hear other pedestrians on the sidewalk or the street talking on the phone, you may hear them mention San Andreas.
Episodes From Liberty City
- At the end of the mission Shifting Weight, Malc jokes that he and Johnny should get a room at the Jefferson Motel, a motel in Los Santos.
- During gang wars against the Angels of Death, Johnny will sometimes yell "Go back to San Fierro!"
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Distance away from each other
Considering the price difference between the two (as seen in the images at right), San Andreas in the HD Universe is farther away from each other. In reality, that is true as Los Angeles is in Southern California, San Francisco is in Northern California, and Las Vegas is in Nevada, making each city more than 100 miles away from each other.