San Juan Sounds is a radio station in Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City. Each stand-alone game has an exclusive tracklist, but downloading The Ballad of Gay Tony for Grand Theft Auto IV updates the station with all songs.
GTA IV marked the debut of reggaeton & Latin American music in the GTA series (since Radio Espantoso in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories). This addition illustrates the influence of Latin American culture in New York City and thus, its in-game representative of Liberty City.
The name refers to the Puerto Rican capital city San Juan, where Reggaeton music originated back in the early 90's before its mainstream crossover success in mid-00's U.S. The station is mostly based of one of the three spanish radio stations in NYC, One of them is La Que Buena.
The radio station is sponsored by Las Fuego energy drink.
Exclusive to Grand Theft Auto IV. Hosted by Daddy Yankee who is a famous Reggaeton artist and is one of the pioneers of Reggaeton since it's creation in Puerto Rico in the early 90's. All songs on the station are pure Reggeaton with the exceptions of Voltio and Wisin y Yandel whose songs contain more of an electro-hop/ electronica sound, respectively. All songs are played randomly and commercials are included.
- Calle 13 - "Atrévete-te-te" (2005)
- Daddy Yankee - "Impacto" (2007)
- Hector El Father - "Maldades" (2006)
- Voltio feat. Jowell & Randy - "Pónmela" (2007)
- Don Omar - "Salio El Sol" (2006)
- Wisin & Yandel - "Sexy Movimiento" (2007)
- Tito el Bambino - "Siente El Boom (Remix)" (2007)
- Angel y Khriz - "Ven Báilalo" (2004)
Exclusive to Episodes from Liberty City and The Ballad of Gay Tony. The Santiago Mix hosted by Henry Santos who's a member of the Bachata group Aventura (who has a song featured in the playlist). The playlist contains less Reggaeton and features more music from Dominican Republic, such as Merengue and Bachata. Since the segment is one continuous mix, there is no commercials.
- Elvis Crespo - "Suavemente" (1998)
- Angel y Khriz (feat. Gocho & John Eric) - "Na De Na" (2008)
- Ivy Queen - "Dime" (2004)
- Don Omar - "Virtual Diva" (2009 - anachronism)
- Wisin & Yandel (feat. DJ Nesty) - "Me Estás Tentando" (2008)
- Tego Calderón (feat. Oscar D'León) - "Llora, Llora" (2006)
- Fulanito - "Guallando" (1997)
- Aventura - "El Desprecio" (2009 - anachronism)
- In EFLC, this radio station plays in the South Bohan Safehouse, instead of IF99 - International Funk.