The Vapid Sandking is a high-performance, off-road truck. Introduced in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, the Sandking has made repeated appearances in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories and Grand Theft Auto V.
The Sandking appears to be a variant of the Rancher with customizations similar to a Bowler Wildcat. In all of its appearances, the Sandking is depicted with myriad modifications commonly associated with other customized off-road vehicles such as the Dune Bandito and BF Injection. The Sandking boasts large MMT branded offroad wheels, a large spoiler, and several air scoops on the hood and roof. It has the words "Sand Masters Cup" written on the side and rear, and racing liveries, similar to the decals available in Wheel Arch Angels. The space for the racing number, however, is blank.
The Sandking seems to be mechanically related to the Rancher, and shares its off-road credibility. Its acceleration is above par and is an improvement on the rather quick Rancher. The suspension is stiffer than the Rancher, sacrificing some of the ride, but it's still very absorbant over rocks and other obstructions without rolling over easily. It does have a high center of gravity. It's handling is a big improvement over the Rancher but the suspension is still pretty soft so it rolls and pitches respectively; but it's still very impresive for a vehicle at this size and height. In GTA San Andreas, it is sometimes available with hydraulics common in lowriders to improve the more on it's off-roading capabilities. It fares well on road but it isn't the best due to its soft suspension and height but is still competitive. Like the Rancher, it only seats two.
The Sandking has a high amount of ground clearance. The turbocharged diesel V8 provides it with good power and torque, allowing it to get over obstacles easily with four-wheel drive. In game, it acts almost as a monster truck, and with proper speed the player can drive right over most low-profile cars.
- In GTA San Andreas, the Sandking is a great choice for off-roading, street racing (although it is unstable and easy to flip), mountain climbing, cruising, launching off ramps and picking up girlfriends (as it boosts the player's sex appeal to about a 75% level, undamaged).
- Due to programming error, the PC version of the GTA San Andreas Sandking features white squares in place of sponsorship stickers.
- The Sandking plays the following radio stations by default when entered:
- K-DST in GTA San Andreas.
- In GTA San Andreas, the Sandking sometimes has hydraulics installed.
GTA Vice City
- At Sunshine Autos after completion of the third list for the Sunshine Autos Import Garage. It will be on the second floor.
GTA San Andreas
- Next to The Big Ear under the satellite in the fenced area.
GTA Vice City Stories
- Seen driving on trails in and around Blaine County
- Parked near the Del Perro Beach boardwalk on the beach where the triathlon starts.
- Cartel Cruiser, 3D universe counterpart to the HD universe Sandking.